Do iPADs/iPAD Pros Ever Go on Big Sales?

• Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date
In summary, people are returning gift cards in January, which can lead to significant discounts on some items.
kyphysics
Looking to buy one for my dad (most likely iPAD Pro).

Have $600.00 (not a cent more) to spend.

Anyone seen them go on sale other than Black Friday? If I wait around...anyone think I can nab one for $400.00?

He doesn't need a lot of storage. He just browses the web and gambles online at betting websites.

eta: He's got bad eyes, so that 9.x" screen won't work. Too small for him. 10.5" is the smallest he'd do, because my mom has one that's 10.5" and he is cool with it.

Why not just use hers? ...Don't ask...they fight over stuff like that all the time and it's annoying. Figured I'd buy one for him for Christmas, as they're cheap with spending.

eta2: I can get one at Target just under $600.00 if I go Friday.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you looking at the pro only for size reasons? There is a pretty steep price difference and with the activities you describe there does not seem to be any reason to actually go pro. If size is the only issue you may want to look for alternative tablets.

kyphysics said:
Looking to buy one for my dad (most likely iPAD Pro).

Have $600.00 (not a cent more) to spend.

Anyone seen them go on sale other than Black Friday? If I wait around...anyone think I can nab one for $400.00?
Apple historically hasn't discounted its products much. I'm actually surprised to see prices $130 below the regular price this season. I doubt you'll see prices lower than you're seeing now, but who knows.

You might check out the refurbished products Apple sells.

vela said:
Apple historically hasn't discounted its products much. I'm actually surprised to see prices $130 below the regular price this season. I doubt you'll see prices lower than you're seeing now, but who knows.

You might check out the refurbished products Apple sells.

Did some research and agree. Rare to get a discount. I'm going for it!

Orodruin said:
Are you looking at the pro only for size reasons? There is a pretty steep price difference and with the activities you describe there does not seem to be any reason to actually go pro. If size is the only issue you may want to look for alternative tablets.

Yeah, mainly size for him. He and my sister play a lot of games, but he never plays games that require a lot of memory. My sister's forking over $200.00 to help out. We're into Apple...I know it's more expensive, but our parents like the ease of use, Apple store's customer service, and not needing malware protection with their products. I wish they were cheaper, but I got to admit, I like them too. They're very well-made!

Tried the 9.7" and my dad was like nahhh, I don't like this one.

happy shopping you guys

also, in case you weren't aware JANUARY is a month that people return gift cards...Walmart Best Buy ..Target, etc. etc. If you check online at gift card sites, you'll see some slashed prices. People are often desperate to just get rid of them for quick cash.

If you combine a cash back site (like Top Cash Back...I use another whose name I can't remember off-hand rn) to buy those gift cards from, then you can even stack your savings. You might be able to triple stack:

1.) go to cash back site
2.) from there, buy an gift card from online gift card exchange site that's significantly slashed in January
3.) use that discounted gift card at a big box store during the in-store's discount period (say, after Christmas sale or whatever)

After stacking, you can maybe get a pretty sweet discount on some large item you wish to buy.

1. Do iPads ever go on big sales?

Yes, iPads and iPad Pros do go on sale from time to time. Apple usually offers discounts during major holidays like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, as well as during back-to-school season. Third-party retailers like Best Buy and Amazon also often have sales on iPads.

2. How much can I expect to save on an iPad during a sale?

The amount you can save on an iPad during a sale varies depending on the model and the retailer. On average, you can expect to save around $50 to $100 on an iPad during a sale. However, during major sales events, discounts can be as much as $200 or more.

3. Are refurbished iPads a good option to save money?

Refurbished iPads are a great option to save money. These devices have been thoroughly tested and repaired by Apple, and often come with a warranty. You can save anywhere from $50 to $200 on a refurbished iPad compared to a new one.

4. Can I negotiate the price of an iPad with a retailer?

No, Apple has a strict pricing policy and does not allow retailers to negotiate the price of their products. However, you can take advantage of price matching policies to get the best deal. Some retailers will match the price of a competitor if it is lower.

5. Are there any other ways to save money on an iPad purchase?

Yes, there are a few other ways to save money on an iPad purchase. You can opt for an older model, which will be more affordable but still functional. You can also consider purchasing a Wi-Fi only model instead of one with cellular capabilities, as this can save you money. Additionally, you can look for bundle deals or discounts on accessories when purchasing an iPad.