Do we feel the Earth going around the Sun as acceleration?

In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of magnetic fields and gravity radiation when particles and masses accelerate, and the concept of gravity as a change in time rather than a force. The experts also explain that the Earth does produce gravitational waves as it orbits the Sun, but at a low intensity. However, harvesting these waves for energy is not currently feasible due to their low frequency and wavelength.
danielhaish
when electron is moving around it like it accelerate and so it create magnetic field. and when mass accelerate it create gravity radiation , we also know that the gravity is not actuall force and it just change the time so when the Earth move in 4 direction it change it path becuase time change so the Earth no actually accelerate so I am kind of confuse do we can measure the Earth going around the sun from Earth or we don't fill it . and if so does the Earth produce gravity wave all the time ?. and if we don't fill the Earth going around the sun isn't proof the general relativity

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Question to the experts: could it be said that since we're in an orbit around the sun, we're in free fall (along with the entire planet, obviously), and therefore wouldn't feel the acceleration of our motion around the sun?

Likes danielhaish
Grasshopper said:
Question to the experts: could it be said that since we're in an orbit around the sun, we're in free fall (along with the entire planet, obviously), and therefore wouldn't feel the acceleration of our motion around the sun?
Yes, exactly. There is no "proper" or "real" acceleration in this case.

PeroK said:
Yes, exactly. There is no "proper" or "real" acceleration in this case.
I guess it answer my question as well

danielhaish said:
I guess it answer my question as well
Yes.

Likes danielhaish
danielhaish said:
and if so does the Earth produce gravity wave all the time ?
The action of the Earth orbiting the Sun does produce gravitational waves, but of low intensity. They have a power of ~200w. The energy for these waves come at the expense of the Earth's orbital energy, so producing them causes the Earth to fall in closer to the Sun. This is no cause for concern however, as this inward creep only happens at the rate of about 1 proton width per day.

Likes vanhees71 and danielhaish
Janus said:
The action of the Earth orbiting the Sun does produce gravitational waves, but of low intensity. They have a power of ~200w. The energy for these waves come at the expense of the Earth's orbital energy, so producing them causes the Earth to fall in closer to the Sun. This is no cause for concern however, as this inward cree
Janus said:
The action of the Earth orbiting the Sun does produce gravitational waves, but of low intensity. They have a power of ~200w. The energy for these waves come at the expense of the Earth's orbital energy, so producing them causes the Earth to fall in closer to the Sun. This is no cause for concern however, as this inward creep only happens at the rate of about 1 proton width per day.
wow ! amazing fact thanks

Janus said:
Indeed, instead of solar panels I have 1,5 m^2 of gravitational wave panels on my roof with an efficiency of 10%, giving me a whopping 10^-21 Watt of gravitational power.😜

Patented as the "Haushofer's gravitational panel solution to the global energy crisis" 😎

• Haha
Likes danielhaish, Ibix and vanhees71
haushofer said:
Indeed, instead of solar panels I have 1,5 m^2 of gravitational wave panels on my roof with an efficiency of 10%, giving me a whopping 10^-21 Watt of gravitational power.😜

Patented as the "Haushofer's gravitational panel solution to the global energy crisis" 😎
I hate to be the bearing of bad news, but there is bit of a fly in the ointment. Those gravitational waves generated by the Earth have a frequency of 1 cycle per year and a wavelength of 1 light year.
So you are going to need a much, much larger collector to effectively harvest them.

• Haha
Likes haushofer, vanhees71, Ibix and 1 other person
Janus said:
I hate to be the bearing of bad news, but there is bit of a fly in the ointment. Those gravitational waves generated by the Earth have a frequency of 1 cycle per year and a wavelength of 1 light year.
So you are going to need a much, much larger collector to effectively harvest them.
You just shattered my 100.000 euros investment.

Janus said:
That's why the efficiency is only 10% :cool:

1. How fast does the Earth accelerate around the Sun?

The Earth accelerates around the Sun at an average speed of about 67,000 miles per hour or 107,000 kilometers per hour. This acceleration is caused by the gravitational pull of the Sun.

2. Why don't we feel the Earth accelerating around the Sun?

We do not feel the Earth accelerating around the Sun because the force of gravity is uniform throughout the entire planet. This means that all objects on Earth, including humans, are also accelerating at the same rate as the Earth around the Sun. Therefore, we do not feel any change in our speed or motion.

3. Can we feel the Earth's acceleration around the Sun in any way?

No, we cannot feel the Earth's acceleration around the Sun directly. However, we can observe and measure this acceleration through scientific instruments and calculations.

4. Does the Earth's acceleration around the Sun affect our daily lives?

Yes, the Earth's acceleration around the Sun is essential for maintaining our planet's orbit and seasons. Without this acceleration, the Earth would not be able to support life as we know it.

5. How does the Earth's acceleration around the Sun compare to other objects in the solar system?

The Earth's acceleration around the Sun is relatively slow compared to other objects in the solar system. For example, Mercury, the closest planet to the Sun, accelerates at a speed of about 112,000 miles per hour or 180,000 kilometers per hour.