Does this tweet have any physical interpretation?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of equivalent optimization problems and the use of Lasserre's relaxation through the problem of moment. It also touches on the potential relation to physics and the practical applications of this method.
accdd
I read this tweet (I omit the author for privacy), and my curiosity led me to ask questions::
Any optimization problem is equivalent to a convex (linear) one (but infinite dimensional…). The key do perform global optimization using Lasserre’s relaxation via the problem of moment (aka sum-of-square relaxation). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sum-of-squares_optimization…

First, I ask if this is a true statement.
Secondly: does this have any relation to physics? Lagrangian mechanics is an optimization problem, and quantum mechanics has to do with probability and infinite-dimensional spaces.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thirdly: what are the applications of Lasserre's relaxation via the problem of moment? Are there any practical applications?

1. What is meant by "physical interpretation" in relation to a tweet?

Physical interpretation refers to the understanding of a tweet in terms of its real-world implications or consequences. It involves translating the content of the tweet into tangible, observable phenomena that can be studied or measured.

2. Can a tweet have a physical interpretation?

Yes, a tweet can have a physical interpretation if its content relates to something that can be observed or studied in the real world. For example, a tweet about a scientific discovery or a natural event can have a physical interpretation.

3. How can a tweet be interpreted physically?

A tweet can be interpreted physically by analyzing its content and identifying any connections or implications to real-world phenomena. This can involve conducting further research or experiments to validate the physical interpretation.

4. Is physical interpretation the same as literal interpretation?

No, physical interpretation and literal interpretation are not the same. Literal interpretation focuses on the exact meaning of the words in a tweet, while physical interpretation looks at the broader implications and connections to the real world.

5. Why is physical interpretation important in science?

Physical interpretation is important in science because it allows us to understand the practical applications and consequences of scientific concepts and findings. It also helps to bridge the gap between theoretical ideas and real-world phenomena, making science more relevant and tangible.