Does this website work properly on an iPhone?

• Bug
  • Thread starter Whipley Snidelash
  • Start date
In summary: I hope this is of some help.In summary, you have to access PF from a web browser on a computer or phone. You can find threads by entering "PF" and your avatar, or by searching for titles only. Editing your profile is easy, and you can change your avatar by accessing "Account details."
Whipley Snidelash
Does this website work properly on an iPhone or other mobile platform? I can’t seem to find any place to edit my profile or find the threads that I’ve created or commented on. if you’re going to reply please tell me how to do that if you know how.

Physics news on Phys.org
My mobile is an Android, I've got a link to PF (entered at google, typed "Physics Forums", and once into, pressed the vertical three dots, up and right at the screen, and chose "add to home screen"- I am translating from spanish);

To edit my profile; for example, to change my avatar: press my link to PF, then press the three short lines on top and left of the screen, beside the logo, choose your avatar... And follow the dialog box.
To find the threads: I don't usually remember word by word the title, so I enter PF, press the hand lens (up and right), write your avatar where you read "member", choose "Search titles only", press "Search", and then choose the one you are looking for...

I don't know if this is helpful for an iPhone. Hope so. Anyhow, nothing will be more useful than your own efforts. It's a personal opinion.

Greetings, Whipley Snidelash!:smile:

Whipley Snidelash said:
Does this website work properly on an iPhone or other mobile platform? I can’t seem to find any place to edit my profile or find the threads that I’ve created or commented on. if you’re going to reply please tell me how to do that if you know how.
You have to access PF from a web browser. Which browser are you using? I find it quite easy to navigate around in PF from Chrome on Android.

I'm using the current version of iOS and Safari on an iPhone XR. To get to my profile, I tap on MY PF at the middle of the top of the screen. Then to see my threads, I tap on "Your content". To edit my profile, I tap on "Account details."

1. How do I know if a website works properly on an iPhone?

To determine if a website works properly on an iPhone, you can use the iPhone's built-in Safari browser to access the website. If the website loads and functions as intended, it is likely compatible with the iPhone.

2. What are some common issues that may cause a website to not work properly on an iPhone?

Some common issues that may cause a website to not work properly on an iPhone include outdated coding, non-responsive design, and incompatible plugins or scripts. It is important for website developers to regularly test their websites on different devices to ensure compatibility.

3. Are there any tools or resources available to test a website's compatibility with an iPhone?

Yes, there are several tools and resources available to test a website's compatibility with an iPhone. These include the iPhone Simulator, which is part of Apple's Xcode development tool, and online testing tools such as BrowserStack and CrossBrowserTesting.

4. Can a website be optimized specifically for iPhone users?

Yes, a website can be optimized specifically for iPhone users by implementing responsive design, which adjusts the layout and content of a website based on the device it is being viewed on. This can improve the user experience for iPhone users and ensure that the website works properly on their device.

5. What should I do if a website does not work properly on my iPhone?

If a website does not work properly on your iPhone, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, updating your browser to the latest version, or using a different browser. If the issue persists, you can contact the website's developer or report the issue to the website's support team.