How can I comment on or post a question about an Insight Article?

• Thread starter GreyNoise
  • Start date
In summary, users are having trouble leaving comments on Insight Articles. While there should be a link to the comment thread at the end of the article, some users are experiencing issues with the login process. It appears that only Insight authors are able to comment directly on the article, while others are directed to the comment thread. This issue should be addressed by the site administrator.
GreyNoise
Gold Member
Does anyone know how to leave comments for an Insight Article? I wanted to comment and ask a question, but I can't find a link (not obvious to me anyway). At the bottom it reads to login to leave a comment but just tells me that I'm already logged in when I click on it, and I cannot find any other links. Thnx. (I did accidently once stumble onto a page that contained fields for posting comments, but I can't remember how I got there.)

Physics news on Phys.org
I copied the title and pasted it into the search field here. It worked on my example.

Where is "here" fresh_42? I tried from the page where this thread appears (is that what you meant?). It took me to the article, but I can't find a link to comments from there.

GreyNoise said:
Where is "here" fresh_42?
Top right on this page. The magnifying glass with the title "SEARCH" or only the magnifying glass top right if you're on a phone.

1657498251555.png

1657497907473.png

1657498026333.png
Most (if not all) Insight articles have corresponding threads on an appropriate forum. You can search them and find the thread where you can comment:

1657498156053.png

Likes dextercioby and Wrichik Basu
fresh_42 said:
Top right on this page. The magnifying glass with the title "SEARCH" or only the magnifying glass top right if you're on a phone.
Got it fresh_42! Thnx

Likes Wrichik Basu and malawi_glenn
GreyNoise said:
Does anyone know how to leave comments for an Insight Article? I wanted to comment and ask a question, but I can't find a link (not obvious to me anyway). At the bottom it reads to login to leave a comment but just tells me that I'm already logged in when I click on it, and I cannot find any other links. Thnx. (I did accidently once stumble onto a page that contained fields for posting comments, but I can't remember how I got there.)
I see this happening too. This behavior is a problem @Greg Bernhardt will need to look at. That's not what is supposed to happen.

vela said:
I see this happening too. This behavior is a problem @Greg Bernhardt will need to look at. That's not what is supposed to happen.
Every Insight article should have a link to the comment thread at the end. The Insights Blog is created with WordPress and this site with XenForo. The ability to comment below the Insight article directly is limited only to users who are Insight authors and whose accounts have been linked to WordPress from XenForo. In the case of those users, any comments posted in the comment thread is automatically copied to WordPress.

Wrichik Basu said:
Every Insight article should have a link to the comment thread at the end. The Insights Blog is created with WordPress and this site with XenForo. The ability to comment below the Insight article directly is limited only to users who are Insight authors and whose accounts have been linked to WordPress from XenForo. In the case of those users, any comments posted in the comment thread is automatically copied to WordPress.
All of this is really irrelevant. The user doesn't care how it's implemented. Being told you need to log into comment only to be told you're already logged in when you click on the link to log in isn't a good user experience.

Likes Tom.G
So one needs to be an insight author to comment on an insight article??Seems odd. I know I also end up in the "you must sign in" loop. No one told me I was unworthy!👍

1. How do I comment on an Insight Article?

To comment on an Insight Article, simply scroll to the bottom of the article and click on the "Leave a comment" button. This will open a text box where you can type your comment. Once you are finished, click "Post Comment" to submit your comment.

2. Can I post a question about an Insight Article?

Yes, you can post a question about an Insight Article by leaving a comment on the article. Make sure to clearly state your question and provide any necessary context or background information. Our team of experts will do their best to answer your question.

3. How long does it take for my comment to appear on an Insight Article?

Typically, comments are approved and appear on the article within 24 hours. However, during busy periods it may take longer. If your comment does not appear after 24 hours, please contact our support team for assistance.

4. Can I edit or delete my comment on an Insight Article?

Yes, you can edit or delete your comment on an Insight Article. Simply click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button next to your comment. Please note that once a comment is deleted, it cannot be recovered.

5. How can I report a problematic comment on an Insight Article?

If you come across a comment that is inappropriate, offensive, or violates our community guidelines, please click on the "Report" button next to the comment. Our team will review the comment and take appropriate action if necessary.