Draw the third view and the points on each view

In summary, the third view is a sketch of a circle with the points of the first view. The line thickness and line weight of the circle the same as the straight lines.
annalian

Homework Statement

Draw the third view and the points on each view. In the first picture you have what the exercise has given us and in the second what I have drawn. I have turned the page so that the first view is the one on the left, the horizontal one is the one on the right. Is that OK? Should I use the one at the right as a lateral view?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qy7ltc&s=9
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9aznk8&s=9

Physics news on Phys.org
The view from the right (using the orientation in your sketch) is a bit more interesting, but it looks similar to the one from the left.

I would expect b and a to be at a different height (again, in your sketch), but I'm not sure if I interpret the pictures correctly.

Why did you rotate the pictures?

mfb said:
The view from the right (using the orientation in your sketch) is a bit more interesting, but it looks similar to the one from the left.

I would expect b and a to be at a different height (again, in your sketch), but I'm not sure if I interpret the pictures correctly.

Why did you rotate the pictures?
I rotated the pictures before uploading so that they would seem the same as they are in reality. (While photographing them they rotated in the wrong direction.) I don't know if I did it right to put the view on the right at the exercise as the vertical view. Should it be lateral? Where should b and c be?

It is just confusing with the relative rotation.
annalian said:
Where should b and c be?
Unless the ' and '' have some meaning I'm not aware of (=not just indicating which type of view they are drawn on), are those points not at the first visible surface?

The drawing is easier to read if you minimize hidden lines, so I'd move the third view to the opposite side.

Note you are using first angle projection here, which is common in Europe. (The U.S. uses third angle projection.)

Keep the line thickness and line weight of the circle the same as the straight lines.

Attachments

• drawing.jpg
    drawing.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Related to Draw the third view and the points on each view

What does "draw the third view" mean?

When drawing an object in three dimensions, the third view refers to the side or bottom view, which completes the set of orthographic projections.

What are the points on each view?

The points on each view refer to the vertices or corners of the object in the third view. These points correspond to the edges and angles seen in the top and front views of the object.

Do I need to draw all three views?

Yes, in order to fully represent an object in three dimensions, all three views (top, front, and third) must be drawn. This allows for a complete understanding of the object's shape and dimensions.

Is there a specific method for drawing the third view?

Yes, there are specific techniques used in engineering and technical drawing to accurately draw the third view. These include using orthographic projection, isometric projection, and vanishing points to create an accurate representation of the object.

Why is it important to draw the third view?

Drawing the third view allows for a comprehensive understanding of an object's shape and dimensions. It also helps to ensure accuracy and precision in technical drawings, making it an essential skill for engineers and scientists.