Dynamical Magnetism Faradays Law

In summary, the problem involves two loops, one fixed with a radius a and resistance R, and another with radius r and a velocity v moving towards the fixed loop. The question is asking for the induced voltage, assuming that a << r << x (distance between loops). The solution involves the use of equations from a physics book and solving for the voltage using the given information. However, there are some discrepancies in the problem statement and equations, making it difficult to accurately solve the problem.
moo5003
Problem:

A fixed loop with Radius a and Resistance R is parrallel with the y-z plane. Another loop with radius r parallel to the y-z plane and a distance away from the other loop has a velocity v moving toward the other loop.

What is the induced Voltage?

Assuming (Told to assume this) a << r << x (Distance between loops)

B = (UIr^2) / (2x^3) <--- Taken from physics book

Flux = Integral B * n dA = Bpiea^2. (Flux thru fixed loop)

Voltage = d(Flux)/dt = -piea^2d(B)dt = -(piea^2UIr^2)/2 d(1/x^3)/dt

Problem... d(1/x^3)/dt = -3x^-4*v... I wasnt given x so how do I solve this?

Voltage = (pie*a^2*U*I*r^2*3x^-4*v)/2 (I'm not given I or x) What am I doing wrong here.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
please take notice. I am dumb at physics... but from ur questions i see like 3 lines of equations(i don't know if they r related) . Like in maths question like that i would try solve it by simultaneously.

Induced voltage in what? Also, there is no B field mentioned in the problem statement, so there is no reason for there to be an induced voltage in anything. Is there a current flowing in the fixed loop, and you're asked to find the voltage induced in the second loop?

Related to Dynamical Magnetism Faradays Law

1. What is Faraday's Law?

Faraday's Law states that when a conductor (such as a wire) is moved through a magnetic field, or when the magnetic field through a conductor changes, an electromotive force (EMF) is induced in the conductor. This EMF results in an electric current flowing through the conductor.

2. Why is Faraday's Law important?

Faraday's Law is important because it explains the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It is the basis for many important technologies, such as electric generators, motors, and transformers. It also plays a crucial role in understanding electromagnetic induction, which is the process by which electricity is produced in power plants.

3. How is Faraday's Law related to dynamical magnetism?

Dynamical magnetism refers to the study of how magnetic fields change over time. Faraday's Law is a fundamental principle in dynamical magnetism, as it explains how changing magnetic fields can induce an EMF and electric current in a conductor. Without Faraday's Law, we would not be able to understand or predict the behavior of magnetic fields in dynamic situations.

4. Can Faraday's Law be applied to all types of materials?

Yes, Faraday's Law can be applied to all types of materials, as long as the material is a conductor and is exposed to a changing magnetic field. This includes metals, liquids, and even living organisms. The strength of the induced EMF and resulting current may vary depending on the material, but the principle remains the same.

5. How is Faraday's Law used in everyday life?

Faraday's Law is used in many everyday devices and technologies. Some common examples include electric motors, generators, transformers, and induction cooktops. It is also used in various medical technologies, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines. Additionally, Faraday's Law is the basis for wireless charging, which is becoming increasingly popular for electronic devices such as smartphones and electric cars.