E-mail Notifications: Receive Every Time Until Unsubscribe?

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
In summary, there may be some confusion about the email notifications for subscribed threads. It seems that users should only receive one notification per reply until they visit the forum again, in order to prevent an overflowing inbox. Additionally, there is a way to communicate through personal messages in the forum without exposing email addresses, and users can set options to receive email notifications for new PMs and subscribed threads in their control panel. PMs can also refer to premenstrual syndrome, which is also known as premenstrual tension.
ehrenfest
Sometimes I do not received an e-mail notification for a thread I am subscribed to after it gets to be several posts long.

I should receive an e-mail notification every time someone posts on a thread I am subscribed to until I unsubscribe, correct?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you are only supposed to get a notification once when there is a new reply to a thread, until you visit the forum again. It keeps you from having an overflowing inbox if discussion gets active before you can get back to check.

I don't get email notification for PMs.

What are PMs?

ehrenfest said:
What are PMs?

Personal messages. They are a way to communicate in-forum, without exposing your e-mail address. Left click on a user name, and sending them a PM is one of the pull-down options. Also, in the upper right corner of the screen, you will see a link to your PM mailbox. Finally, in your Control Panel, you can set options to receive e-mail notification of new PMs and of new posts in threads that you have subscribed to.

ehrenfest said:
What are PMs?

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) (also called PMT or Premenstrual Tension):biggrin:

1. What are email notifications?

Email notifications are messages sent to your email address to inform you about updates or new information related to a particular service or website. They can be triggered by different actions, such as a new message, a comment on a post, or a change in account settings.

2. How do I receive email notifications?

To receive email notifications, you will need to provide your email address to the service or website you wish to receive notifications from. You can usually find this option in your account settings or by subscribing to a particular service. Make sure to check your email settings to ensure notifications are not going to your spam folder.

3. How often will I receive email notifications?

The frequency of email notifications depends on the settings you have chosen. Some services allow you to customize the frequency, while others may have a default setting. It is important to note that you may receive multiple notifications at once if there are multiple updates or changes made within a short period of time.

4. Is it possible to receive email notifications until I unsubscribe?

Yes, most services allow you to receive email notifications until you unsubscribe or change your notification settings. However, it is important to regularly review your notification settings and unsubscribe from any that are no longer relevant or important to you.

5. How do I unsubscribe from email notifications?

To unsubscribe from email notifications, you can usually find an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. You can also go to your account settings and change your notification preferences. If you continue to receive notifications after unsubscribing, make sure to contact the service or website for further assistance.