Efficient 2D FFT in C for Large Arrays: Where to Find the Code?

• Thread starter Maciej Olszewski
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2d Fft
In summary, efficient 2D FFT in C for large arrays can be found in various open-source libraries, such as FFTW, cuFFT, and MKL. These libraries offer optimized implementations of the FFT algorithm for different hardware platforms, making them suitable for processing large arrays efficiently. Additionally, there are also numerous online resources and tutorials available for those looking to implement their own version of the 2D FFT algorithm in C.
Maciej Olszewski
I am looking for a 2D fft that takes in a 2D array of heights and does a fft in c on the array. I would like if the code was capable of working with big arrays, such as 8192 x 8192 I have tried the paulbourke and sanfoundry websites. The first was not giving me the output that is expected and the second one took too long to compute. Does anyone know where I could find such code?

Technology news on Phys.org
On linux you have the libfft. I never use it but i know it exist.

As Dr Claude said FFTW, it is pretty well the standard, it even has GPU implementations if you have a decent graphics card.

1. What is a 2D FFT in c?

A 2D FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) in c is a mathematical algorithm used to quickly calculate the discrete Fourier transform of a two-dimensional signal or image. It is often used in signal processing and image processing applications.

2. Why is a good 2D FFT important in c?

A good 2D FFT in c is important because it allows for efficient and accurate analysis of two-dimensional signals or images. This can be useful in various fields such as image and signal processing, data compression, and pattern recognition.

3. How does a 2D FFT in c differ from a 1D FFT?

A 2D FFT in c differs from a 1D FFT in that it operates on two-dimensional data instead of one-dimensional data. This means that it takes into account both the amplitude and phase information of the signal, resulting in a more comprehensive analysis.

4. Are there different types of 2D FFT algorithms in c?

Yes, there are various 2D FFT algorithms in c that differ in terms of computational complexity and speed. Some common ones include the Cooley-Tukey algorithm, the Chirp-Z algorithm, and the Prime Factor algorithm.

5. How can I find a good 2D FFT implementation in c?

You can find a good 2D FFT implementation in c by searching for libraries or packages that provide this functionality. Some popular options include the FFTW library, the cuFFT library (for GPU-accelerated computing), and the Intel Math Kernel Library. It is also possible to find open-source implementations on platforms such as GitHub.