Efficient 4-Bit Binary Subtractor Design Using Half-Adders and Full-Adders"

• Thread starter electro-man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Binary
In summary: You can't be serious? Why would anyone want to help you when you act like this? I sure as hell won't. :mad:
electro-man
Hello folks :

the task is to design a circuit which subtracts 4 bit binary number a3,a2,a1,a0 and b3...b0. the MSB is a sign bit.

Assume that you are given half-adders and full-adders, i.e. you don't have to design the logic of the half-adder or full adder chip.
the two numbers are fed into the circuit on 2 serial lines and the output is also read out serially.

Please have look at the attachement and Let me know if its Correct!

Thanks!

electro ;)

Attachments

• subtractserial.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 539
Engineering news on Phys.org
c'mon jack asses move ur ass and check the ans. atleast!

or r u all That dumb?

c = a - b (1)
c = a + 2comp(b) (2)
c = a + ~b + 1 (3)

All three equations are equivalent. Surely you can implement equation 3 on your own, especially since you have adders available.
Or are you that dumb?

egsmith said:
c = a - b (1)
c = a + 2comp(b) (2)
c = a + ~b + 1 (3)

All three equations are equivalent. Surely you can implement equation 3 on your own, especially since you have adders available.
Or are you that dumb?

You didn't tell me anything about the "figure" attached I just wanted to know if its OK ?
u

electro-man said:
Hello folks :

the task is to design a circuit which subtracts 4 bit binary number a3,a2,a1,a0 and b3...b0. the MSB is a sign bit.

Assume that you are given half-adders and full-adders, i.e. you don't have to design the logic of the half-adder or full adder chip.
the two numbers are fed into the circuit on 2 serial lines and the output is also read out serially.

Please have look at the attachement and Let me know if its Correct!

Thanks!

electro ;)

I believe the reason you haven't gotten many responses is because we're not here to check homework. :zzz: If you had a specific problem that you couldn't figure out, we may be able to steer you in the right direction. :rolleyes:

Ouabache said:
I believe the reason you haven't gotten many responses is because we're not here to check homework. :zzz: If you had a specific problem that you couldn't figure out, we may be able to steer you in the right direction. :rolleyes:

Or may be u're not "good enough" to see the answer and if wrong, "steer" as you say, in the right direction! :tongue2:

electro-man said:
Or may be u're not "good enough" to see the answer and if wrong, "steer" as you say, in the right direction! :tongue2:

I suggest that you reconsider your approach. There are surely several here who can be of assistance but won't. The people you are dealing with here are adults, and adults don't respond to goading.

KM

electro-man said:
c'mon jack asses move ur ass and check the ans. atleast!

or r u all That dumb?

You can't be serious? Why would anyone want to help you when you act like this? I sure as hell won't.

1. What is a 4-bit binary subtractor?

A 4-bit binary subtractor is a digital circuit that performs subtraction of two 4-bit binary numbers. It takes in two inputs, the minuend (the number being subtracted from) and the subtrahend (the number being subtracted), and produces a 4-bit output that represents the difference between the two numbers.

2. How does a 4-bit binary subtractor work?

A 4-bit binary subtractor works by using basic logic gates, such as AND gates, OR gates, and NOT gates, to manipulate the input bits and produce the correct output. It uses a combination of these gates to perform the necessary operations for subtraction, such as borrowing and complementing bits.

3. What are the limitations of a 4-bit binary subtractor?

The main limitation of a 4-bit binary subtractor is that it can only perform subtraction on two 4-bit binary numbers. This means that it is limited to numbers in the range of 0 to 15. It also cannot handle negative numbers, as it does not have a mechanism for representing negative binary numbers.

4. What is the purpose of a 4-bit binary subtractor?

A 4-bit binary subtractor is commonly used in digital electronics and computer systems to perform subtraction operations. It is an essential component in arithmetic and logic units, which are responsible for performing mathematical calculations and logical operations in a computer.

5. How is a 4-bit binary subtractor different from a 4-bit binary adder?

While both circuits work with 4-bit binary numbers, a 4-bit binary subtractor performs subtraction, while a 4-bit binary adder performs addition. The main difference between the two is that a subtractor uses different logic gates and operations, such as borrowing and complementing bits, to perform subtraction, while an adder uses simple addition operations.