Electronic engineering bachelor, then MS in electrical?

In summary, electronic engineering is a field that combines elements of both electrical engineering and computer engineering to design, develop, and test electronic devices and systems. A bachelor's degree provides a broad foundation in the field, while a master's degree allows for more specialized study and research. Career opportunities include roles in industries such as telecommunications and aerospace, and skills necessary for success include math and physics proficiency, critical thinking, attention to detail, and computer programming skills. Common courses in both bachelor's and master's programs include circuit analysis, electronics, and programming.
kenanna
Hi I'm new here
basically thinking about getting a degree in EE, and the school that I'm interested has electronic engineering instead. Just wondering if I do the electronic engineering bachelor, you think I can still apply for MS in electrical if I don't have background in like power and machine. And as for job, what are options wouuld I have
Here's the link of the program curriculum
http://publish.ust.hk/prog_crs/pdf/ug/elec.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

What is electronic engineering?

Electronic engineering is a field of study that combines principles from both electrical engineering and computer engineering to design, develop, and test electronic devices, circuits, and systems.

What is the difference between a bachelor's and master's degree in electronic engineering?

A bachelor's degree in electronic engineering provides a broad foundation in the fundamental concepts and principles of the field, while a master's degree allows for more specialized study and research in a specific area of electronic engineering.

What career opportunities are available for those with a bachelor's and master's degree in electronic engineering?

Individuals with a bachelor's degree in electronic engineering can pursue careers as electronic engineers, electrical engineers, computer engineers, or technicians in industries such as telecommunications, aerospace, and manufacturing. Those with a master's degree can also work in research and development, academia, and management positions.

What skills are necessary for success in electronic engineering?

Some important skills for electronic engineering include a strong foundation in math and physics, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and proficiency in computer programming and software tools such as CAD and simulation programs.

What are some common courses in an electronic engineering bachelor's and master's program?

Common courses in an electronic engineering bachelor's program include circuit analysis, digital logic design, electronics, and programming, while a master's program may include courses such as advanced circuit design, electromagnetics, and signal processing.