Email alert triggers virus warning

• Thread starter sophiecentaur
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed a potential issue with email notifications from PF being marked as junk due to a virus warning. The issue was brought up by Dale and confirmed by another participant. It was suggested to notify Greg and the other mentors to clarify the situation. The specific post that triggered the email notification was identified and it was noted that other participants did not experience the same issue.
sophiecentaur
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dale said:
Do you have a reference which discusses x.dF and its physical meaning in the dual model you are talking about?
@Dale
I don't know how I should notify PF about this but the email notification I received about this post was put in my Junk box with a virus warning. I wonder if anyone else had this happen, too?

Physics news on Phys.org
sophiecentaur said:
@Dale
I don't know how I should notify PF about this but the email notification I received about this post was put in my Junk box with a virus warning. I wonder if anyone else had this happen, too?
Oh, that is strange, I will check with Greg and the other mentors

OSX is usually pretty reliable about these things but it could jut be a glitch.

sophiecentaur said:
the email notification I received about this post
Which post specifically?

berkeman said:
Which post specifically?
Oh, it's Dale's post that you quoted. That rules out a hidden link in the post then...

To clear it up.
It was the email I was sent, telling me of Dale's post. (#69 in the Work thread.
But I would think that other people had copies of that notification and they don't seem to have had the same Junk treatment that my Mac Mail gave it. Also, I have not had a repeat with subsequent notifications.

Likes berkeman

1. What is an email alert trigger virus warning?

An email alert trigger virus warning is a message that is sent to users to notify them that their email account or computer has been compromised by a virus. It is triggered when a virus is detected in an email that has been sent to the user's inbox.

2. How does an email alert trigger virus warning work?

An email alert trigger virus warning works by scanning incoming emails for known viruses or malicious code. If a virus is detected, the email is flagged and an alert is sent to the user to warn them of the potential threat.

3. What should I do if I receive an email alert trigger virus warning?

If you receive an email alert trigger virus warning, you should follow the instructions provided in the email. This may include running a virus scan on your computer or deleting the infected email. It is important to take immediate action to prevent further spread of the virus.

4. How can I prevent email alert trigger virus warnings?

To prevent email alert trigger virus warnings, it is important to have up-to-date antivirus software on your computer. You should also be cautious when opening emails from unknown senders and avoid clicking on suspicious links or attachments.

5. Are all email alert trigger virus warnings legitimate?

No, not all email alert trigger virus warnings are legitimate. Some may be fake messages sent by scammers to trick users into downloading malicious software or providing personal information. It is important to verify the source of the email and never click on links or open attachments from unknown sources.