Emitter and Multiple Receivers

• Thread starter Rainier9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Multiple
In summary, the conversation is about using RF (radio frequency) communication to activate multiple simple circuits with one emitter. The speaker is interested in using a RF kit with a transmitter and receiver, and encoding and decoding the signal with IC pairs. They are also wondering why this technology is no longer used and if it is still functional. The frequency used for these kits varies, but they may have fallen out of favor if the band they use was re-allocated for another use.
Rainier9
Hi everyone, haven't been posting here for a while now...And as always, I come with a doubt xD

I want to activate a simple circuit (one that swtiches a transistor ON and OFF) via RF (any other wireless communication method is very well welcomed, except optical of course).

The thing is, I want to activate multiple of this simple circuits with one Emitter instead of having one for each receiver.

Is there any way to do this? I'll be taking this class in a month, so I am pretty green in the subject.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Rainier9 said:
Hi everyone, haven't been posting here for a while now...And as always, I come with a doubt xD

I want to activate a simple circuit (one that swtiches a transistor ON and OFF) via RF (any other wireless communication method is very well welcomed, except optical of course).

The thing is, I want to activate multiple of this simple circuits with one Emitter instead of having one for each receiver.

Is there any way to do this? I'll be taking this class in a month, so I am pretty green in the subject.

Thanks.

When working with RF, you need to understand your government's regulations for how much power can be transmitted in which RF band, and which bands require licenses.

Having said that, there are some bands that you can generally do things in as long as you are careful, and try to use pre-approved modules if possible. One such band is the "microwave oven band" or ISM band around 2.4GHz.

You can also generally transmit in the public AM or FM bands, as long as you limit how much power you transmit. The power limitation typically limits your range to only 20-30m though.

You will also need to take antenna size into account. 2.4GHz antennas can be reasonably small while still being efficient. FM radio antennas for the 100MHz type broadcast FM radio frequencies that are typical in the US are moderatly big for small devices, at about 1.5m across for a dipole.

You might also look into the Bluetooth line of RF control modules, and look at the Cypress Wireless USB (WUSB) modules. Those are along the lines of what you are trying to do, I think.

I was thinking of buying a RF kit with a Transmitter and a Receiver, and do the signal encoding and decoding with the IC pairs HT12D and HT12E.
Links for images showing the transmitter and receiver are shown below, also a ciruit schematic.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WUOs26kM_...AAAL0/YegxC5w9Ylo/s1600-h/TWS315+-+RWS315.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WUOs26kM_Ko/S0AjDiiNysI/AAAAAAAAAME/adoGDqIHI2o/s1600-h/Diagrama_TX.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WUOs26kM_Ko/S0AjHw8wAVI/AAAAAAAAAMM/ndUzT-rCI9k/s1600-h/Diagrama_RX.jpg

I have a question, it seems this technology is no longer used, can someone gave me a good reason for that? It just seems so low cost and functioal, but the components are difficult to get even in the interenet (well, not if you live in India, where they make those).

Rainier9 said:
I was thinking of buying a RF kit with a Transmitter and a Receiver, and do the signal encoding and decoding with the IC pairs HT12D and HT12E.
Links for images showing the transmitter and receiver are shown below, also a ciruit schematic.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WUOs26kM_...AAAL0/YegxC5w9Ylo/s1600-h/TWS315+-+RWS315.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WUOs26kM_Ko/S0AjDiiNysI/AAAAAAAAAME/adoGDqIHI2o/s1600-h/Diagrama_TX.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WUOs26kM_Ko/S0AjHw8wAVI/AAAAAAAAAMM/ndUzT-rCI9k/s1600-h/Diagrama_RX.jpg

I have a question, it seems this technology is no longer used, can someone gave me a good reason for that? It just seems so low cost and functioal, but the components are difficult to get even in the interenet (well, not if you live in India, where they make those).

Looks like a good find. What frequencies are used? They may have fallen out of favor if the band they use got re-allocated for some other use...

The frequency depends on the Transmitters+Receivers.
There are a few available: 433MHz, 315MHZ, and a few more...

Related to Emitter and Multiple Receivers

1. What is an emitter and multiple receivers in terms of communication?

An emitter and multiple receivers refer to a communication system where one device or entity (the emitter) sends a signal or message to multiple devices or entities (the receivers). This allows for the dissemination of information to a larger group of recipients.

2. What are some common examples of emitter and multiple receiver systems?

Some common examples include radio broadcasting, television broadcasting, and satellite communication. In these systems, one transmitter (the emitter) broadcasts a signal that can be received by multiple devices (the receivers).

3. How do emitter and multiple receiver systems work?

In general, the emitter sends out a signal that is picked up by the receivers. The signal is usually transmitted through a medium such as air, wires, or space. The receivers are equipped with antennas or receivers that can detect and interpret the signal, allowing the recipients to receive the information being transmitted.

4. What are the benefits of using emitter and multiple receiver systems?

Emitter and multiple receiver systems allow for efficient and widespread communication. They also enable real-time communication, as the signal is transmitted and received simultaneously. This type of system is also cost-effective, as one emitter can reach multiple receivers, rather than having to transmit individual messages to each recipient.

5. What are some potential challenges of using emitter and multiple receiver systems?

One potential challenge is interference, where the signal can be disrupted or weakened by other sources or obstacles. This can result in a decrease in the quality of the signal or even a complete loss of communication. Another challenge is ensuring that the receivers are all able to pick up the signal, as they may be located at varying distances or in different environments.