Enhancing Post Editing Efficiency with Preview in New Tab Option

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of an "open in new tab" option when right clicking on the preview button in the post editor while using an old version of Firefox in Fedora linux. The idea of opening the preview in a new tab is suggested but it is also noted that this may cause confusion if the preview is revised or closed. The convenience of having the old and new versions of a post open in separate windows for editing is also mentioned. The software is praised for its good handling and layout compared to other platforms.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Using my old version of Firefox in my old version of Fedora linux, I don't get the "open in new tab" option when I right click on the "preview" option in the post editor. It would convenient to see the preview of the old version of a post in one window while editing the new version in another.

I agree that this feature could get confusing if clicking preview again in the editor didn't revise or close the window the window that had the previous preview.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Stephen Tashi said:
Using my old version of Firefox in my old version of Fedora linux, I don't get the "open in new tab" option when I right click on the "preview" option in the post editor. It would convenient to see the preview of the old version of a post in one window while editing the new version in another.

I agree that this feature could get confusing if clicking preview again in the editor didn't revise or close the window the window that had the previous preview.
Good idea to open the reply in a new tab, especially for answers to longer posts. But I don't think it is appropriate for previews due to the reload problematic you already mentioned. And it's a little bit inconvenient to switch tabs while writing something. If I compare the software to the many platforms I've met throughout the years, I'll have to say that it is extraordinary good, in handling as well as in layout.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and dlgoff

1. What is the purpose of the preview window in a new tab?

The preview window in a new tab allows you to see a glimpse of the webpage or document before fully opening it. This can help you quickly determine if the content is relevant to what you are looking for.

2. How do I access the preview window in a new tab?

The method for accessing the preview window in a new tab may vary depending on the device and browser you are using. However, it is typically accessed by right-clicking on a link or tab and selecting the "Open in New Tab" or "Open Link in New Tab" option.

3. Can I customize the size of the preview window in a new tab?

Yes, some browsers allow you to adjust the size of the preview window in a new tab. This can usually be done by dragging the edges of the window or by changing the browser settings.

4. Does the preview window in a new tab work for all types of content?

The preview window in a new tab is designed to work for most types of content, including webpages, documents, and images. However, it may not work for certain types of files or if the webpage has disabled the preview feature.

5. Is the preview window in a new tab a secure way to view content?

The preview window in a new tab is generally considered safe, as it does not fully open the content and does not execute any scripts. However, it is always recommended to exercise caution when opening unknown links or content.