Errata for Gravitation and Cosmology book by Steven Weinberg

In summary, the conversation discussed the availability of an errata for Weinberg's book on Cosmology and Gravitation. The individual had tried searching for one online but had not found anything yet. They also mentioned that Weinberg's other books do not have an errata and encouraged others to report any mistakes they may find. Additionally, they shared a corrections' file for the Cosmology book. The individual plans to read the book after finishing another one and hopes that any errors will be found and corrected in a timely manner.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
Does someone know of an official or unofficial errata for the above book of Weinberg?

Physics news on Phys.org
Obviously tried googling it, and find as of yet nothing.

I do no thing any of Weinberg's books has an errata. So from this perspective, if you find something which may be plain wrong, spell it here.

Well, the Cosmology book has a corrections' file here:
http://zippy.ph.utexas.edu/~weinberg/swcorrections.pdf

I plan to read the Cosmology and Gravitation book after I am finished with Schutz's book.
I hope all the mistakes if there are will be found and corrected; But progress will be rather slow.

• Informative
Likes Demystifier
MathematicalPhysicist said:
Well, the Cosmology book has a corrections' file here:
http://zippy.ph.utexas.edu/~weinberg/swcorrections.pdf

I plan to read the Cosmology and Gravitation book after I am finished with Schutz's book.
I hope all the mistakes if there are will be found and corrected; But progress will be rather slow.
On the very first page, footnote 2: "The Sloan Digital Sky Survey provides evidence that the distribution of galaxies is homogeneous on scales larger than about 300 light years[...]" Of course, he meant Mly. Checking the reference (Yadav et al. 2005), it's indeed 60− 70h-1 Mpc.