Escape from Two Black Holes? Solve the Mystery!

In summary, the individual is inside the event horizon of a static black hole called BH1, and is unable to escape due to the bending of space-time. A second black hole, BH2, appears nearby and in a symmetrical position to BH1. However, it is not possible for BH2 to bend space-time in the opposite direction to cancel out the effects of BH1, and thus the individual is still trapped inside the event horizon.
Aerodyn
Hello everyone,

Imagine the following situation:
  • You are inside the events horizon of a static black hole (called BH1)
    • Now, due to the bended space-time, your future points to be inside the event horizon until eternity (You will never be outside)
  • Now, a second static black hole (BH2), similar to BH1 "appears" (for whatever reason) in the nearby, outside the events horizon of BH1, and simetrycally positioned for me, comparing to BH1 center, So:
  • BH2 ----- Me ----- BH1
    • My question is: Is there a way that BH2 can bend space time in the opposite direction than BH1, in a manner that both effects are cancelled, or reduced in a manner that now I am outside the events horizon of any of the black holes? and now i could come back home safely
In other words, If I am symetrically positioned between 2 black holes (but in a manner that if one of them was not there, i would be inside the events horizon of the other one), can I escape from them?

Thanks in advance for your support witht this oneAerodyn

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No. Once you are in an event horizon you are stuck there, no exceptions.

Aerodyn said:
  • Now, a second static black hole (BH2), similar to BH1 "appears" (for whatever reason) in the nearby, outside the events horizon of BH1, and simetrycally positioned for me, comparing to BH1 center
You cannot just "poof" a black hole into existence. You can "collapse" a black hole into existence if you have enough stress-energy in a sufficiently compact region. It appears that having accidentally stepped into the first black hole, you have also fallen into a collapsing dust cloud as that cloud has formed an event horizon and as that event horizon has swept past and engulfed you.

Possibly your eyebrows have been singed in the process. It can get crowded on an accretion disc.

In any case, you are now inside the newly merged single black hole.

Likes Rene Dekker and Ibix

1. What is the premise of "Escape from Two Black Holes? Solve the Mystery!"?

The premise of the game is that the player is a scientist who must use their knowledge of physics and problem-solving skills to escape from two black holes that are pulling them in.

2. How do I play "Escape from Two Black Holes? Solve the Mystery!"?

The game can be played on a computer or mobile device. The player must navigate through various levels by solving puzzles and making strategic decisions to escape from the black holes.

3. Is this game based on real science?

Yes, the game is based on real physics principles such as gravity, time dilation, and space-time curvature. However, some elements may be exaggerated for gameplay purposes.

4. Can I learn something from playing this game?

Yes, the game is designed to be educational and can help players understand basic concepts of physics and problem-solving in a fun and interactive way.

5. Is "Escape from Two Black Holes? Solve the Mystery!" suitable for all ages?

The game is suitable for all ages, but younger players may need assistance from an adult to fully understand the physics concepts and solve the puzzles.