ESD training video, can i get a good recommendation?

In summary, some good ESD videos might be found at websites that make ESD-mitigating manufacturing products.
hxtasy
trying to find a good esd or assembly craftsmanship video for employees in a small business, I've seen some in the past, one i saw had R Lee Ermey (from full metal jacket) in it, it was pretty convincing. obviously, a lot of people don't take esd seriously.

i saw another one with a good animation showing current going through an ic chip, and how a conductive mat has high resistance and it will allow the current to flow more slowly, which causes less damage than if the two potentially different pins would short out on a metal work bench. really good stuff i never realized about ESD work environments.

But, i cannot remember the names of any of them, and the ones I am searching for online don't really have a preview or reviews, and for the price they want for them I don't want to chance it.

any help is appreciated.

thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
hxtasy said:
trying to find a good esd or assembly craftsmanship video for employees in a small business, I've seen some in the past, one i saw had R Lee Ermey (from full metal jacket) in it, it was pretty convincing. obviously, a lot of people don't take esd seriously.

i saw another one with a good animation showing current going through an ic chip, and how a conductive mat has high resistance and it will allow the current to flow more slowly, which causes less damage than if the two potentially different pins would short out on a metal work bench. really good stuff i never realized about ESD work environments.

But, i cannot remember the names of any of them, and the ones I am searching for online don't really have a preview or reviews, and for the price they want for them I don't want to chance it.

any help is appreciated.

thanks!

I would go to the websites of the companies that make ESD-mitigating manufacturing products, to see if they have good videos or other learning resources. Look for the manufacturers of ESD wrist straps, Conductive Floormats/Tiles, ESD-mitigating rework benches, etc.

Hey berkeman,

thanks for the idea, the ones i have found so far have not had any type of preview on the video or seemed pretty vague in what they cover. i could teach the class myself if it came down to it, but like i said i want a video that is convincing. i guess i will continue the search at some other sources like you suggested.

What is ESD training video?

ESD training video stands for Electrostatic Discharge training video. It is a video that provides information and instructions on how to prevent and control electrostatic discharge in the workplace.

Why is ESD training important?

ESD training is important because electrostatic discharge can damage electronic devices and equipment, causing malfunctions and failures. It can also pose a safety risk to individuals working with electronic equipment. ESD training helps to prevent these issues by teaching proper handling and control techniques.

Can I get a good recommendation for an ESD training video?

Yes, you can get a good recommendation for an ESD training video from your company's safety department or from reputable training organizations such as the Electrostatic Discharge Association (ESDA). You can also do research and read reviews to find a suitable ESD training video.

Who should watch an ESD training video?

Anyone who works with electronic equipment or in environments where electrostatic discharge is a potential hazard should watch an ESD training video. This includes engineers, technicians, assemblers, and other workers in industries such as electronics manufacturing, healthcare, and aerospace.

How often should I watch an ESD training video?

It is recommended to watch an ESD training video at least once a year, or whenever there is a significant change in your workplace that could affect electrostatic discharge risk. It is also important to refresh your knowledge and skills regularly to ensure proper handling and control of electrostatic discharge.