Establishing Speed in Motorcycle Accident: Seeking Help

In summary, the individual is seeking help to establish the speed at which they were going during a motorcycle accident in London. They believe that proving their speed could help determine the cause of the accident. However, it is unlikely that anyone on the forum can provide the necessary evidence or expertise. The individual mentions having some photographic evidence, but it is not enough to accurately determine their speed. They would need continuous video footage or a frozen speedometer to provide solid evidence.
Ahosso
Hi
I'm new to this forum and I might have putted this thread in wrong section.
My question i would like to get answered its a bit complicated, I know...

I have had very weird accident while riding a motorcycle as a courier in London. I don't know what caused the accident because I lost memory and had severe head injury.

After all things gathered together, it looks like that it was either riders error or mechanical fault.
There is a thing of proving that it wasnt a rider error if i can prove how fast I was going...
There is a bracket which was used by ambulance to establish what injuries I can have... its 30-40mph

Now, i don't have the bike anymore, it was cannibalised for parts and destroyed after the accident. I have a forensic collision report which confirms that it was a low speed crash.
I have some photographic evidence - bike after the crash... I can show also where exactly this did happen...on google Earth :)

Is here someone who specialize in this field of establishing as accurate as possible how fast i was going.
You see, if i can prove for example that i was doing 30-34 mph or less, the riders error theory will be out of window and will confirm that it was a mechanical fault...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
I doubt that anyone here could help you with this. The forum gets these types of requests occasionally but the forum isn't here to help provide accident reconstruction evidence - those types of requests violate forum policies.

NO! Even photographic evidence will NOT help you. You need actual continuous cam footage ie a video recording of some type. Single frame shots won't do it, unless you have several and have an accurate time reference between frames. Speed can be interpreted two ways, either as velocity or as acceleration and neither is the same. You are searching for the velocity at impact. This will be nearly impossible unless there is a video of your accident, a single picture would be impossible to determine this.
Damage to your bike may provide a range of speed, but it won't get down to the accuracy that you probably require. If the speedometer had been broken and froze at the speed of impact, might be an admissible piece of evidence, but even that could be in error due to the collision itself.

What is the importance of establishing speed in a motorcycle accident?

Establishing the speed of a motorcycle at the time of an accident is crucial for determining the severity of the impact and the potential injuries sustained by the rider. It also helps in determining fault and liability in the accident.

How can speed be determined in a motorcycle accident?

There are various methods for determining the speed of a motorcycle in an accident, including analyzing skid marks, examining damage to the motorcycle and other vehicles involved, and using accident reconstruction techniques.

What factors can affect the accuracy of speed determination in a motorcycle accident?

Factors such as road conditions, weather, visibility, and the skills of the rider and other drivers involved can all affect the accuracy of determining speed in a motorcycle accident. It is important to consider all of these factors when analyzing the evidence.

Why is it important to seek help from experts in establishing speed in a motorcycle accident?

Determining the speed of a motorcycle in an accident requires specialized knowledge and tools. Seeking help from experts, such as accident reconstructionists, can ensure that the speed is accurately determined and can be used as evidence in legal proceedings.

What should be done if the speed of a motorcycle cannot be accurately determined?

If determining the speed of a motorcycle in an accident is not possible due to lack of evidence or other factors, other evidence such as witness testimonies, CCTV footage, and expert opinions can be used to establish the circumstances of the accident and determine fault and liability.