Event specific revenue versus costs

• MHB
  • Thread starter Incredible1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Specific
In summary, the problem is to find an equation that indicates how a single variable affects both revenue and costs. The revenue part consists of total amount money spent/event, which equals the number of meetings in the event for company n multiplied with cost of each of the meetings for company n. There are 5 meeting options that a company can choose from: 1. 5 meetings = 1250 currencies2. 10 meetings= 2400 currencies3. 15 meetings= 3450 currencies4. 20 meetings= 4400 currencies5. 25 meetings= 5000 currencies The costs part consists of base salary cost for six employees which is constant (same for each of the six employees) in addition to a 10% provisional cut for each of
Incredible1
Hi there!

I have a problem that I cannot solve and I really need your help. This problem is connected to a single event held by an unnamed company and I am asking you to help me form an equation. Basically, the simple equation would be revenue-costs=profit/loss. I need to form an equation that indicates how a single variable affects both revenue and costs and preferably find their correlation OR how the change in the variable affects both revenue and costs. I am simply not smart enough to form one. :confused:

The revenue part consists of total amount money spent/event, which equals the number of meetings in the event for company n multiplied with cost of each of the meetings for company n. There are 5 meeting options that a company can choose from:

1. 5 meetings = 1250 currencies
2. 10 meetings= 2400 currencies
3. 15 meetings= 3450 currencies
4. 20 meetings= 4400 currencies
5. 25 meetings= 5000 currencies

The total number of companies, n, for the event is 39.

The costs part consists of base salary cost for six employees which is constant (same for each of the six employees) in addition to a 10% provisional cut for each of the above-mentioned meeting-packages sold to customers.

I need something that indicates the change in both revenue and costs when n is changed and in which relation they change.

I tried to be as clear as I can, but as you can probably see, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I tried forming the equation myself, but after two hours and some progress, I decided to try and find someone smarter than me.

If you need more explanation or I was not clear enough, I am perfectly fine with trying to explain further. Thank you so much in advance! :)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Well, read your post 3 times, got nothing but a splitting headache...

Perhaps you could ask someone, like a local high school math teacher,
to help you present your problem clearly...

You owe me 6 Tylenols :)

1. What is event specific revenue versus costs?

Event specific revenue versus costs is a comparison of the income generated by a specific event or project, versus the expenses associated with it. It is used to determine the profitability and financial success of a particular event.

2. How is event specific revenue calculated?

Event specific revenue is calculated by adding together all sources of income from the event, such as ticket sales, sponsorships, merchandise sales, etc. This total is then compared to the total expenses incurred in organizing and executing the event.

3. Why is it important to track event specific revenue versus costs?

Tracking event specific revenue versus costs allows organizers to evaluate the financial success of an event and identify areas where costs can be reduced or revenue can be increased in future events. It also helps to ensure that the event is financially sustainable and profitable.

4. How does event specific revenue versus costs impact event planning?

Event specific revenue versus costs plays a crucial role in event planning as it helps organizers to set realistic budgets and make informed decisions about the event. It also allows for adjustments to be made during the planning process to ensure the event remains within budget.

5. Can event specific revenue versus costs be used to measure the success of an event?

Yes, event specific revenue versus costs is one of the key metrics used to measure the success of an event. If the event generates a higher revenue than the costs, it is considered a financial success. However, other factors such as attendee satisfaction and impact on the community should also be taken into consideration when evaluating the overall success of an event.