Examine the circuit and answer the questions grade 11 physics

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the unknown poles, drawing the magnetic field around a conductor, and determining the direction of the force acting on the conductor. The attached photo shows the steps taken, with uncertainty about the accuracy of the magnetic field. The method for uploading images is also mentioned.
joshua cruwys
http://s880.photobucket.com/user/nipplebum/media/ATT00001%2010.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 1. Homework Statement
find the unknown poles, draw the magnetic field around the conductor, and determine the direction of the force acting on the conductor.

Homework Equations

N/a

The Attempt at a Solution

see attached photo. I believe my first and third step are correct I am not sure about the magnetic field though?

Attachments

• thumbnail_ATT00001.jpg
    thumbnail_ATT00001.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 442
Physics news on Phys.org
http://s880.photobucket.com/user/nipplebum/media/ATT00001%2010.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
sorry I am not sure how to upload an image properly

joshua cruwys said:
sorry I am not sure how to upload an image properly
Use the "UPLOAD" button at the bottom right of the edit window.

gneill said:
Use the "UPLOAD" button at the bottom right of the edit window.
got it thank you!

1. What is a circuit?

A circuit is a complete path through which electricity flows. It is made up of various components such as wires, resistors, capacitors, and power sources like batteries or generators.

2. What is the difference between series and parallel circuits?

In a series circuit, the components are connected in a single loop, meaning the current flows through each component in sequence. In a parallel circuit, the components are connected in multiple branches, meaning the current is divided among the components.

3. How do I calculate the total resistance in a series circuit?

In a series circuit, the total resistance is equal to the sum of individual resistances. This can be calculated using the formula: Rtotal = R1 + R2 + R3 + ...

4. What is the purpose of a capacitor in a circuit?

A capacitor is a component that stores electrical energy in the form of an electric field. It is often used to temporarily store and release energy, acting as a filter or buffer in a circuit.

5. How do I calculate the voltage in a parallel circuit?

In a parallel circuit, the voltage remains the same across each branch. Therefore, the voltage can be calculated using the formula: Vtotal = V1 = V2 = V3 = ...