Expecting a Baby Boy: How Have Things Changed Since Being Out of the Loop?

• Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date
In summary: He's a handful, but worth every ounce of energy. My whole perspective on life has changed. I love being a father.He's a handful, but worth every ounce of energy. My whole perspective on life has changed. I love being a father.In summary, D's son was born on September 12th and is doing well. D has been working hard to get some sleep, but is really looking forward to being a father. D also agrees with old Jim that being a father is a great experience.
Dembadon
Gold Member
I've been out of the loop for a bit: finishing senior year, starting a full-time job, dealing with family stuff, etc.

Every once in a while I'll pop in for a few minutes and check-in on what's going on in this awesome community, but I haven't been able to spend much time. I miss you guys and hope to stop by more frequently now that I've graduated.

That said, things don't seem to be slowing down for us. We decided to start trying to have a baby at the beginning of my final semester and it didn't take long. My wife is now 7 months pregnant (due Sept. 10th), and it's a boy. It's our first child and we both wanted a boy! So far everything is progressing normally and all is good. Maybe I'll upload some pics of the little guy when he gets here. =)

Hope all of you are doing well and look forward to getting caught-up with everyone.

Likes StatGuy2000, Greg Bernhardt, berkeman and 10 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats!

Congratulations! And please, do post pictures of the little one! :smile:

Congratulations. They are hard work, but a lot of fun.

Congrats to both you and your wife!

I hope you're someplace they let the dads attend the birth.
The little creature captures your heart immediately when it grasps your finger with its tiny ones

Baby Holding is great biofeedback - they know whether your frame of mind is tranquil.
So when it fusses, make sure some workplace problem isn't running in background.

old jim

Likes Dembadon
Say good-bye to a good nights sleep for a while.
Congratulations.

Likes Dembadon
Congratulations! :woot:

Congratulations, D, and to Mrs. D.

I'm guessing he'll graduate with the class of 2034, and then 2038.

Likes Dembadon
Congratulations.

Thanks, everyone!
Evo said:
Congratulations! And please, do post pictures of the little one! :smile:
Will do. So far all we've got is the ultrasound from 20 weeks. It was pretty cool to see him in there moving around and be able to make out features and such. Also got a nice close-up of his genitalia. I'm sure he'll appreciate that when he's older and thumbing through his baby book. :biggrin:
jim hardy said:
I hope you're someplace they let the dads attend the birth.
The little creature captures your heart immediately when it grasps your finger with its tiny ones

Baby Holding is great biofeedback - they know whether your frame of mind is tranquil.
So when it fusses, make sure some workplace problem isn't running in background.

old jim
Yep, I'm definitely going to be there. She and I wouldn't have it any other way. I didn't know there are places that don't allow the fathers to be in the room. :wideeyed:
Astronuc said:
Congratulations, D, and to Mrs. D.

I'm guessing he'll graduate with the class of 2034, and then 2038.
Indeed! It seems so far away, but I know how time can fly. My youngest brother (out of 3) grew up before I knew it. He's starting his junior year of high school and it doesn't seem like that long ago I was watching his elementary school soccer games.

Congratulations Dembadon. Best wishes for your upcoming fatherhood!

Likes Dembadon
my two greatest joys in life are my two kids, little ones are wonderful. wishing you nothing but the best moving forward.

Likes Astronuc and Dembadon
Dembadon said:
Will do. So far all we've got is the ultrasound from 20 weeks. It was pretty cool to see him in there moving around and be able to make out features and such. Also got a nice close-up of his genitalia. I'm sure he'll appreciate that when he's older and thumbing through his baby book. :biggrin:
Lol, Just last night I was watching a tv show where a daughter gave birth and the mother looked down and said WHOA, it's a BOY! And the doctor said, it's a girl, that's the umbilical cord!

Anyway, always nice to have pictures like that to bring out when he has friends over. :biggrin:

Likes nsaspook and Dembadon
2016-11-01 12.21.28.jpg
2016-10-19 18.53.27.jpg
2016-11-06 10.18.00-1.jpg

So here's our boy!

Name: Alexander
Birth Weight: 8 lbs. 7 oz.
Birth Length: 21.5 inches
Date/Time: 9/12/2016 at 21:28

He's just over 8 weeks now and doing well. Sleep is hard to come by; mom and I take shifts. I'm more of a night owl, so I take shifts up to 2am and then she takes over after that.

He's a handful, but worth every ounce of energy. My whole perspective on life has changed. I love being a father.

Likes StatGuy2000, OmCheeto, Drakkith and 4 others
Awww... He looks like a cheery little fellow. Congratulations.

And I agree with you - being a father is great.

Likes Dembadon
Congratulations! Parenthood is a fun but challenging journey. Enjoy every moment..They grow up way too fast.

Likes Dembadon and berkeman
Congratulations to you and your family! :biggrin:

Likes Dembadon

1. How has the experience of expecting a baby boy changed since being out of the loop?

The experience of expecting a baby boy has changed in many ways since being out of the loop. Some of the most notable changes may include advancements in technology and medical care, changes in societal norms and expectations, and shifts in parenting styles and practices.

2. What are some specific advancements in technology and medical care that have impacted expecting a baby boy?

Advancements in technology and medical care have greatly impacted expecting a baby boy. These may include the ability to detect and diagnose potential health issues in the baby earlier, improved prenatal testing options, and enhanced ultrasound technology for monitoring the baby's growth and development.

3. How have societal norms and expectations changed for expecting a baby boy?

Societal norms and expectations have shifted over time, and this has also impacted the experience of expecting a baby boy. For example, there may be more pressure to have a certain type of birth or to adhere to a certain parenting style. Additionally, there may be new expectations for fathers to be more involved in the pregnancy and parenting process.

4. Have there been any changes in parenting styles and practices for expecting a baby boy?

Yes, there have been changes in parenting styles and practices for expecting a baby boy. For instance, there may be a greater emphasis on gender-neutral parenting and avoiding gender stereotypes. There may also be more resources and support for fathers to take on a more active role in caregiving and bonding with their baby.

5. Are there any new challenges or considerations for expecting a baby boy?

There may be new challenges or considerations for expecting a baby boy, such as navigating gender-related issues and discussions with family and friends. Additionally, there may be greater awareness and understanding of the impact of societal norms and stereotypes on raising a boy, and the importance of promoting healthy masculinity and gender equality in parenting.