Explaining the O'Hare Airport UFO (day events)

• Thread starter heldervelez
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Events
In summary: My only objective is to find the physical solution and make it public, so that we can all focus on the real problem. I apologize that I’m not a very good writer, I will try to improve.
I saw the announcement and it is about 'aliens' . I'm pretty sure that they will not address within this perspective.

Physics news on Phys.org
Today morning a plane crashed at Amsterdam airport.
I saw fog -> No wind
No dead people -> final landing phase

I bet :
lack of oxigen in the engines
due the coincident landing path with a previous airplane not sufficiently separated in time.

Can someone check the local weather conditions, and air traffic on that lane?

May be we could save lives in the future.

heldervelez said:
I saw the announcement and it is about 'aliens' . I'm pretty sure that they will not address within this perspective.

I think the point was that it sounds like they did. They do hype things a lot, but they also have a scientist from MIT on the team.

I personally think you are going to have a couple problems explaining a few things.

*The metallic color.
*A solid shape that rotates.
*That it is stationary over the airport at set distance then suddenly accelerates at a drastic value.
*The power necessary to to deflect the cloud cover sounds like it is out of bounds for most conventional phenomena explanations though I could be wrong.

If all these observations are correct any explanation should take into account all observations simultaneously.

Last edited:
Just a shot in the dark. But, what if a puff of smoke had been released from an engine, for some reason. And, due to the constant presence of hot air, from the jet engine, the smoke, actually had been trapped beneath, or within this flow of hot air, until the engine shut down which then led to the sudden release of this puff of smoke, causing it to rise approximately as fast or a little slower than the hot air column from the engine.

If this were possible, it would explain the optical properties, as well as the hovering.

I found this article shedding some light on a possible effect which may be worth looking. Although I'm not sure it is relevant to this situation.

In that study Andy Ackerman, of NASA’s Ames Research Center, and co-authors used a computer model to demonstrate that energy-absorbing aerosols can have a semi-direct affect on cumulus clouds over the ocean. At the time he wrote his paper, Ackerman was unaware of Hansen’s paper and so he wasn’t familiar with Hansen’s term “semi-direct effect.” Instead, Ackerman described it as the “cloud-burning effect of soot.” But both groups of scientists described the basic underlying physics of the process in pretty much the same way: as the top of the boundary layer becomes filled with dark-colored particles (like soot), the aerosols absorb sunlight and warm the temperature of the air relative to the temperature of the surface. According to Ackerman, this heating at the top of the boundary layer burns away clouds in two ways: (1) by accelerating the process of evaporation of existing clouds, and (2) by suppressing the upward flow of moisture from the surface needed to form new clouds.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/SmokeClouds/smoke_clouds2.php

Well that is interesting it might burn back the clouds but there is still the issue of the metallic reflection, and a solid object rotating, and the sudden accelerations. Hot air once released should reach terminal velocity quite quickly at a relatively low speed.

dustinthewind said:
Hot air once released should reach terminal velocity quite quickly at a relatively low speed.

What does this mean? What's "terminal velocity" for "hot air?" What do you mean by "relatively low speed?"

Last edited by a moderator:
mugaliens said:
What does this mean? What's "terminal velocity" for "hot air?" What do you mean by "relatively low speed?"

I think he meant the maximum velocity at which the hot air will rise.

Last edited:
Maybe a combination of wind and hot air released from the jet engine? If the wind were blowing at maybe a 45 degree angle to the air stream released by the engine, and the smoke had been carried by the wind into a sweet spot of interaction between the two, it could form some kind of vortex, or swirl of smoke, held in place by both the wind and the hot air from the jet engine, until the jet engine stops releasing it?