Explanation for homemade digital microscope's optical systems?

harundurmush
TL;DR Summary
I need some resources or explanations for how to create the microscope with raspberry pi camera. The optical system is hard to understand for me.
Some resources mention about eyepiece lenses for human-eye microscopes (not digital ones). Also some sources says that removing the lens from the camera module of raspberry pi and combine it with a objective lens such as TREEYE 15.3 mm is enough to create optical system for microscope. What is the reason and simplest explanation about this?

Science news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Can you post links to your reading about this question? That would make it easier for us to try to help.

Also, what microscope specifications are you shooting for? What magnification power, depth of field, object distance, etc?

Per the link:

The microscope has a simple operation principle based on changing the magnification and the focus by adjusting the relative distances between a camera, a single objective lens and a sample.

Unfortunately I can't find anything about the objective lens, either in the link itself or the linked youtube video from the page. You might use the lens that was removed from the camera module, but I really don't know.