Explicit search in ChatGPT recalls

In summary, this table of websites, webpages and articles provides a list of websites and resources for the topic of string theory.
arivero
Gold Member
Generate markdown code for a table of papers on string theory. Generate up to 5 rows, including at least columns for title, authors, and url. Make the urls clickable. Do not forget to prefix it with https: You can include papers from scientific journals or scientific repositories. For a given paper, prefer an open access repository. Give preference to high impact papers.

1670812640295.png

Physics news on Phys.org
now a table for popular entries of physicsforums, use as columns the title of the thread and the subforum where it is
make it up to 10 lines, include a column for urls and another for the author of the thread

1670812808488.png

Yep, nothing is real, just hallucinating it.

That's hilarious. I asked I to give me a table of links and it said it can't make tables or provide external references, but then I tried your trick of asking it for markdown code and it was happy to help.

Office_Shredder said:
That's hilarious. I asked I to give me a table of links and it said it can't make tables or provide external references, but then I tried your trick of asking it for markdown code and it was happy to help.
Indeed it is. The only trouble I got is that it was generating all the links local to openai. And of course it hallucinates some of them, while for others it gives a related paper or a paper that quotes the topic. Sometimes it stills says it can not provide references, but it happens mostly if you ask for a banned topic, as it triggers some tripwire.

I saw the markdown trick elsewhere in the brainstorm of examples across twitter or mastodon; but somehow it is not listed in the most popular FAQs. It was only used as a trick to include images.

A variant of this query, starting with "From now", transforms it into a Search Engine

From now, generate markdown code for a table of popular websites, webpages and articles on the topic asked in each new prompt. Do not generate explanations. Prefer authoritative sources. Put as least a column for title and other for url, with a total of at most 5 lines. Do not forget to prefix https:// for the url. Always before the table, suggest up to five similar topics.

1. What is "Explicit search" in ChatGPT recalls?

"Explicit search" in ChatGPT recalls refers to the ability of the ChatGPT AI system to specifically retrieve information or data that has been previously mentioned or discussed in a conversation. This is done by using keywords or phrases to prompt the AI to recall and provide relevant information.

2. How does ChatGPT perform explicit search in recalls?

ChatGPT performs explicit search in recalls by utilizing natural language processing (NLP) techniques. This involves analyzing the conversation for keywords or phrases and then retrieving relevant information from its database or knowledge base. The AI system also uses machine learning algorithms to continuously improve its ability to accurately and efficiently perform explicit search in recalls.

3. Can ChatGPT recall information from previous conversations?

Yes, ChatGPT is capable of recalling information from previous conversations. This is due to its ability to store and access previous conversations in its database or knowledge base. The AI system can also use context clues and NLP techniques to understand the relevance and context of the information being requested.

4. What are the benefits of explicit search in ChatGPT recalls?

Explicit search in ChatGPT recalls offers several benefits, including saving time and effort by quickly retrieving requested information, improving the accuracy of information retrieval, and enhancing the overall conversational experience. It also allows for more efficient and effective communication between humans and AI systems.

5. Are there any limitations to explicit search in ChatGPT recalls?

While ChatGPT has advanced capabilities in performing explicit search in recalls, there are still some limitations. The AI system may struggle with understanding complex or nuanced language, and it may also have difficulty retrieving information that has not been previously discussed or mentioned in the conversation. Additionally, ChatGPT may not always provide accurate or relevant information, as it relies on the quality and quantity of data in its database or knowledge base.