Exploring Chris Isham's Work in Theoretical Physics

In summary: Keep up the good work, and I look forward to reading more from both Chris Isham and Ken Barnes.In summary, an article has been posted on the arXiv discussing the work of theoretical physicist Chris Isham, as well as two of his books: "Modern Differential Geometry for Physicists" and "Lectures on Quantum Theory: Mathematical and Structural Foundations." These books offer a unique perspective on quantum theory and are highly recommended by the conversation participants. Another book worth mentioning is "Group Theory for the Standard Model of Particle Physics and Beyond" by Ken Barnes, which provides a comprehensive introduction to group theory in the context of particle physics. As a scientist, I am always excited to learn about the work of other theoretical physicists and appreciate
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
An interesting article about theoretical physicist Chris Isham (by Michael Duff) has been posted on the arXiv,

https://arxiv.org/abs/2112.13722

Combine this with (from "Group Theory for the Standard Model of Particle Physics and Beyond" by Ken Barnes)
Isham.jpg

Isham has written two books that I quite like, “Modern Differential Geometry for Physicists” and "Lectures on Quantum Theory: Mathematical and Structural Foundations" by Chris Isham (1995) (not an axiomatic presentation of quantum mechanics).

• Love
  • Informative
Likes romsofia, Klystron, Wrichik Basu and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for sharing this article and book recommendations about Chris Isham! I am always interested in learning about the work of other theoretical physicists.

I have read some of Isham's papers before, but I have not had the chance to dive into his books yet. Based on your recommendation, I will definitely check out "Modern Differential Geometry for Physicists" and "Lectures on Quantum Theory: Mathematical and Structural Foundations." I am particularly intrigued by the latter, as it seems to offer a unique perspective on quantum theory.

In addition, I would also recommend "Group Theory for the Standard Model of Particle Physics and Beyond" by Ken Barnes. This book provides a comprehensive introduction to group theory and its applications in particle physics. I believe it would complement Isham's books nicely, as group theory plays a crucial role in modern theoretical physics.

Overall, I am always excited to see new publications and discussions about theoretical physics. It is through the exchange of ideas and knowledge that we can continue to push the boundaries of our understanding of the universe. Thank you again for sharing these resources.