Exploring Fringe Visibility from Entropy of Two-Level Particles

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a pair of two level particles, described by a unitary vector in the tensor product, to calculate entropy and measure fringe visibility on a screen. The definition of fringe visibility is recalled as (Imax-Imin)/(Imax+Imin) and another person suggests using the amplitude/average of the fringes to calculate it. The question is then raised about whether the fringe visibility can be determined from the density matrix or vector in the tensor product, and if there are any resources available on this topic.
Heidi
i consider a pair of two level particles which can be up or down. this pair is described in the
tensor product by the unitary vector [tex] (cos(\theta) (du + ud) + sin(\theta) (dd + u)) /\sqrt 2[/tex]
i take its density matrix , trace it on one of the two particles and find the density matrix
of each one. And i calculate its entropy. Bob receive it and use the two slits device.
I wonder if i can deduce the fringe visibility on the screen from the calculated entropy.
thank you for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here
https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_can_I_measure_the_contrast_of_a_fringe_pattern
some one recalls the definition of fringe visibility
(Imax-Imin)/(Imax+Imin)
Anothe one writes
visibility = amplitude/average
where average of the fringes is the sum of the intensities (or powers) of the two interfering waves
Could you explain that?

Could anyone tell me if the fringe visibility can be found from the
density matrix or from the vector in the tensor product of Hilbert spaces? Is there a book or a link about this subject?
thanks.

1. What is "Exploring Fringe Visibility from Entropy of Two-Level Particles"?

"Exploring Fringe Visibility from Entropy of Two-Level Particles" is a scientific study that investigates the relationship between the entropy of two-level particles and the visibility of interference fringes. It explores how the entropy of a system affects the ability to observe interference patterns in quantum systems.

2. What is the significance of this study?

This study is significant because it sheds light on the fundamental principles of quantum mechanics and provides insights into the behavior of quantum systems. It also has potential applications in quantum computing and information processing.

3. How was the study conducted?

The study used mathematical models and simulations to analyze the relationship between entropy and fringe visibility. The researchers also performed experiments using two-level particle systems to validate their findings.

4. What were the key findings of the study?

The study found that as the entropy of a system increases, the visibility of interference fringes decreases. This means that as the disorder or randomness in a system increases, the ability to observe interference patterns decreases.

5. What are the implications of this study?

This study has implications for our understanding of quantum mechanics and the behavior of quantum systems. It also has potential applications in fields such as quantum computing, where the control and manipulation of quantum states is crucial.