Exploring Fusion Power and Nuclear Engineering: A Student's Journey at UTA

In summary, a student's journey at UTA in exploring fusion power and nuclear engineering involves a comprehensive understanding and application of scientific principles and technology. Through hands-on experience and research opportunities, students are able to gain valuable knowledge and skills in this cutting-edge field. UTA offers a diverse range of courses and resources, including state-of-the-art facilities and expert faculty, to prepare students for a successful career in fusion power and nuclear engineering.
PlasMav
Hello,

I am a BSME senior with NE minor graduating in August 2019 from UTA. I am very interested in fusion power, space travel, and electrical engineering (lol). I almost wish I had picked EE instead of ME. It's more interesting to me. I just joined an EE student and together we are building a demo version of a nuclear fusor (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusor) for a research project. Our primary goal is to study plasma interaction with varying cathode geometry without undergoing nuclear fusion (fusion may be a goal after our primary goals are met). I registered here to get a better understanding of some of my nuclear coursework.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Likes berkeman and Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. Don't blow anything up :smile:

Thank you!