Exploring Null Physics: A Crackpot Theory?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of "Null Physics," a crackpot theory that has been advertised in magazines like Scientific American. The theory is not backed by academic scrutiny and is mostly marketed to a non-scientific audience. Despite this, the conversation's participants express some curiosity about the theory and its basis, but are unable to find any substantial information about it. The conversation ends with the acknowledgement that discussing the theory is not allowed on the forum due to lack of peer review.
maverick_starstrider
Hey,

I've seen this "Null Physics" book advertised in magazines like Scientific American (which is a rather shameful move on SciAm's part) and it basically seems like some guy's got some crackpot theory and is trying to circumvent any actual academic scrutiny that would come by publishing in a journal and is simply peddling it straight to the 'what the BLEEP do we know' type crowd.
However, I am a bit curious. I can't seem to find any information about this theory (other then buying the book of course). Does anyone know anything about it (i.e. what the basis of the 'theory' and basically how out there is it).

(I know this has been discussed before but there doesn't actually seem to be any information about it).

Physics news on Phys.org
Ya I read that but I'm just a little curious if anyone can actually provide some substantive information on what its basis is and how it goes about getting 'proven' in the book.

P.S. I'm surprised there's not a Wikipedia article about it yet. This things been around for awhile.

I'm afraid that, as per PF rules, we cannot discuss material that has not been peer reviewed. Thus, as I'm sure you were expecting (judging from the result of the other thread) this thread will be closed.

1. What is "Exploring Null Physics"?

"Exploring Null Physics" is a theory proposed by a scientist, often considered a "crackpot" theory, that suggests that the laws of physics as we know them may not apply in certain situations or may be incomplete.

2. How is "Exploring Null Physics" different from traditional physics?

"Exploring Null Physics" challenges traditional physics by suggesting that there may be exceptions or gaps in our understanding of the laws of physics.

3. Is there any evidence to support the claims of "Exploring Null Physics"?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the claims of "Exploring Null Physics." However, the theory is still being explored and researched by scientists in the field.

4. What are the potential implications of "Exploring Null Physics" being true?

If the theory of "Exploring Null Physics" were to be proven true, it could completely change our understanding of the universe and how it operates. It could also lead to new technologies and advancements in science.

5. Is "Exploring Null Physics" widely accepted in the scientific community?

No, "Exploring Null Physics" is not widely accepted in the scientific community. It is considered a controversial theory and is often met with skepticism by other scientists.