Exploring the Boundaries: The Intersection of Science and Metaphysics

• Thread starter supernova1054
  • Start date
In summary, Exploring the Boundaries: The Intersection of Science and Metaphysics is a thought-provoking examination of the relationship between the two fields and how they intersect in our understanding of the world. It delves into the history of scientific and metaphysical thought, exploring concepts such as reality, consciousness, and the nature of existence. Through this exploration, the book challenges traditional beliefs and encourages a more holistic approach to understanding the universe. It ultimately argues that the boundaries between science and metaphysics are not as rigid as they may seem, and that a deeper understanding of both can lead to a more comprehensive understanding of reality.
supernova1054
How did you find PF?
Google search
I’m interested in most of the sciences. The question of the boundary between science and metaphysics is becoming an important issue with the advent of such subjects as the multiverse which is as far as we know totally beyond any observational or experimental verification.
The physics of the Planck era and The Who really knows how many extra dimensions of string theory are a few other examples.
The Fermi paradox is another area of interest. Those are just a few of topics of interest tho me now that I have time to read more widely.

Likes Lnewqban
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

I am glad you made your way to us. There is plenty to discover. However, a short word ahead of your adventures. We do not debate religion, politics and philosophy. While the first two are for obvious reasons, the last one is a bit of a pity, but former discussions never got anywhere. And to be honest, what most people call philosophy or is by the nature of the question, is rarely philosophy on a scientific level in the debate. I'm just saying in order to avoid any complications later on. Beyond experiment and observation is difficult to discuss. Who should decide what's right or wrong? Nevertheless we have already now plenty of threads which discuss MWI and other things in the Quantum Mechanics forums.

So let me welcome you again, although we are focused on mainstream science!

Likes berkeman
@supernova1054 -- Welcome to the PF! :smile:

I'm curious why you chose that particular SN for your username. Do you have a special connection with it or affinity for it? Just wondering... :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_1054

1594678559264.png

Welcome, supernova1054 :cool: