Exploring the Calculus of Area: A Journey Through Space and Physics

In summary, exploring the calculus of area involves a journey through space and physics, where one can discover the relationship between changing quantities and the concept of area. This branch of mathematics allows for the calculation of areas of irregular shapes and the understanding of motion and acceleration in physics. It is a fundamental tool in many fields, from engineering to economics, and continues to play a crucial role in our understanding of the physical world. Through its application, we are able to make sense of the complex and dynamic nature of space and the laws that govern it.
AlienConquistador
Profanity edited out of post by the Mentors
How did you find PF?
The World Wide Web.
Umm.. yes I think. Not sure what I’m getting into, but the pursuit of knowledge eh? Teach me please. I’m just here to share thoughts and bounce between fellow big brains. Haha this strange. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Be welcome. If you are a kid yet, as a hint, does not go ahead in calculus I and directly see the approach to derive the area of a plane curve in the xy above the axis y=0 (say, the area from y=0 to y=x^2, from x=0 to x=1).

I did this (didn't try to derive it myself) and is the greatest regret i have in science. I would love to forget it and see if i could still derive it just by myself. But i have already bit the limit apple and would not be fair :(