Exploring the Cosmos: A Chilean Astrophysicist's Journey in Magnetic Research

In summary, a Chilean astrophysicist's journey in magnetic research involves studying the magnetic fields of galaxies and their impact on the evolution of the universe. By using advanced telescopes and instruments, the astrophysicist is able to gather data and analyze the magnetic fields of distant galaxies, providing insights into the formation and development of these celestial bodies. This research also has implications for understanding the behavior of stars and the role of magnetic fields in shaping the cosmos. Through their work, the Chilean astrophysicist is shedding light on the complex and fascinating mysteries of the universe.
ChinoSupay
I am a chilean astrophysicist that works currently in magnetic issues in the Earth, planets, star and cosmos in general.

I'm also interested in graphic desing, art-science relationship and dance.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Astrophysician? Do you mean an astrophysicist? Physicians are medical doctors. :wink:

Either way, welcome to PF!

Drakkith said:
Astrophysician? Do you mean an astrophysicist? Physicians are medical doctors. :wink:

Either way, welcome to PF!
j

Jajajajja yes TY! i recently edited that. An astrophysician is like a doctor of aliens of something like that. Ty again

Likes Drakkith
ChinoSupay said:
I am a chilean astrophysicist that works currently in magnetic issues in the Earth, planets, star and cosmos in general.
Welcome to PF. That is very interesting.

This link https://www.astronomictourism.com/astronomical-observatories-chile.html says that Chile is very rich with 15 astronomical observatories. Which one do you work with?

Likes ChinoSupay
anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. That is very interesting.

This link https://www.astronomictourism.com/astronomical-observatories-chile.html says that Chile is very rich with 15 astronomical observatories. Which one do you work with?

Hello! I'm currently working in research at University of Valparaíso. Many of astronommers actually don't work directly and constantly in observatories, but we use all the data that is taken by technicians.

Despite that fact, I was working last year in Cerro Tololo (there is the telescope that discovered the accelerated expansion of the universe) observing Hot subdwarf stars; and i am currently using data from ALMA in milimetrical astronomy and white dwarf surveys to elucidate evolution of magnetic stars.

It's true, in Chile we have the best observatories in the world. We have ALMA, Cerro Tololo, Cerro Paranal, La Silla, VLT, ELT, etc

TY

Likes pinball1970, berkeman and anorlunda