Exploring the Possibilities: A Newcomer's Journey into the World of Physics

• Thread starter CrystalCaribean
  • Start date
CrystalCaribean
Hi all!

I'm Crystal. 25 years old and momma to an incredibly awesome 2 year old boy. I finished my RN and discovered that I hated almost every aspect of nursing. Long story short, math & science have always come incredibly easy to me (and pretty much everything else in school has not) so I decided to go back to school for something else. In one of my honors calc courses, a tutor I worked with was a physics major and suggested I look into it. I did, I fell in love, and here I am! I'm about done with my associates transfer degree and plan on applying to Cal Tech, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, and UCSB for my bachelors degree. I haven't the slightest idea as to what I'll specialize in, but I have (at least) a couple more years to figure that out. And hey, I'm pretty sure that's why some smart/awesome person put an academic guidance section in this thing, am I right!? I'd love to hear from anyone who has attended those schools or has any advice on someone transferring into start their bachelors :)

Nice to meet everybody!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Welcome to PF Crystal!

Thank you, thank you!