F1 Fans Unite! - Celebrating Michael Shumacher's Final Race

• Thread starter matthew baird
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final Race
In summary, Michael Shumacher is retiring from Formula One and it is amazing. He set the best lap of the day and finished 5th in his final race. Renault is glad Michael Schumacher is gone because he is faster than ever and Fernando Alonso moved to McLaren because they have had crap luck. Jenson Button will be the next champ.
matthew baird
Is there anyone else here in PF that follows F1? I am completely obsessed with it, it is my dream to race in F1.:rolleyes: I can't believe that Michael Shumacher is retiring!??!??!
I watched his final race two sundays ago and wow, he is simply amazing.
On the first lap one of his tires blew out causing him to pit, by the time he made it back out, the guy in first(Massa his teammate), was right behind him.
Not only did he set the best lap of the day, he ended up finishing in 5th. That is simply miraculous among those drivers. Why would he retire when he is faster than ever?

Physics news on Phys.org
I follow F1 and admire all that Schumacher has achieved but I'm an avid Renault fan and was glad they could hold on to the title despite the setbacks they faced this season. Alonso moving to McLaren seems like a pretty bad move when he could easily stay with the renault team.

Well i am glad Michael Shumacher has gone, as for his fantastic performance, twadle i say, everyone was moving over for him and
falling of the track to get out of his way, i think he was more tactician
than sportsman and full of dirty tricks, the american gp was mostly his/teams fault, Monaco :tongue2: etc, etc.

how was the american gp Ferrari's fault?? It was an issue with Michelin vs Bridgestone and Michelin (nearly every team uses Michelin) couldn't handle a particular section of the track. They couldn't penalise the teams that used Bridgestone since they chose to use tyres that could handle the track.

Renault was thinking about droping F-1 do to the high costs and a new CEO THAT WAS A DIRECT RESULT OF Alonso moving to McLaren
also Renault does not pay very well so Alonso followed the money

tyre wars are over ONLY Bridgestone WILL BE USED NEXT YEAR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_United_States_Grand_Prix

Paul Stoddart, owner of Team Minardi-Cosworth, a team that runs Bridgestone tyres, published an account on Wednesday, June 22, of the events leading up to the race. While the previous developments were reported by various sources, the last-minute negotiations had theretofore been largely unknown to the public. Stoddart recorded a meeting around 10:00am on the day of the race, to which Speedway president Tony George, "the two most senior Michelin representatives present at the circuit" (assumed to be Dupasquier and Shorrock), commercial-rights impresario Bernie Ecclestone, the team principals, and the teams' Michelin technical representatives were summoned. All invited were present except Jean Todt, Team Principal of Scuderia Ferrari.[2]

Last edited:
Kurdt said:
Alonso moving to McLaren seems like a pretty bad move when he could easily stay with the renault team.
YA! Bad move I say. Why would Fernando move to Mclaren? They have had crap luck. Wonder how the ferrari and renault will fare next year...

matthew baird said:
YA! Bad move I say. Why would Fernando move to Mclaren? They have had crap luck. Wonder how the ferrari and renault will fare next year...
Well i think it was previously mentioned that he's following the money as Renault don't put very much money into their F1 team which makes their achievements since they returned all the more fantastic.

Jenson Button will be the next champ.:biggrin:

matthew baird said:
YA! Bad move I say. Why would Fernando move to Mclaren? They have had crap luck.
Good question. I think he has ambition and confidence like Schumacher had when moving from Benetton to Ferrari (who were not just low on luck but also lacked the capacity for winning). Such a move can work out. :wink:

Of course, the circumstances were slightly different for Schumacher, as he took half the crew with him, which helped to rebuild the team. I think in Alonso's case that's offset by the fact that McLaren already has a capable team and car.

I suspect it'd take consistent and spectacular technical failures by McLaren throughout the season to seriously hinder Alonso. Driver error accounted for probably half of McLaren's retirements in 2006, and they did end up a clear third in the constructor's table anyway.

So I figure it's not such a crazy decision after all. Anything could happen, of course -- a lot changes between seasons. But that's what makes it exciting. :cool:

1. What inspired the creation of "F1 Fans Unite!"?

The idea for "F1 Fans Unite!" came from the desire to honor and celebrate the legendary career of Michael Schumacher, one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers of all time.

2. How did Michael Schumacher's final race impact the sport of Formula 1?

Michael Schumacher's final race marked the end of an era in Formula 1. His retirement left a void in the sport and his impact on the racing world will always be remembered and celebrated by fans.

3. What can fans expect from "F1 Fans Unite!"?

"F1 Fans Unite!" is a celebration of Michael Schumacher's final race and his incredible career. It will feature highlights from his races, interviews with fellow drivers, and tributes from fans all over the world.

4. How can fans get involved with "F1 Fans Unite!"?

Fans can get involved with "F1 Fans Unite!" by sharing their favorite Schumacher moments on social media using the hashtag #F1FansUnite. They can also attend events and watch parties organized by the fan community.

5. Will there be any special guests or surprises at "F1 Fans Unite!"?

While we cannot reveal all the surprises, we can say that "F1 Fans Unite!" will feature special guests such as former teammates and rivals of Michael Schumacher, as well as some exciting performances and events to honor his legacy.