Favorite intellectual TV channel

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Channel
In summary, the "intellectual" TV channel that the respondent enjoyed most is the Science Channel. They also like the History Channel, but find it to be full of inaccuracies.

TV Channel

• Travel Channel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • History Channel

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • The Learning Channel

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Animal Planet Channel

• PBS Channel

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • National Geographic Channel

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Bloomberg TV Channel

• Science Channel

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Military Channel

• G4Tech Channel

• Total voters
I have not watched anything education in quite a while. I chose TLC, but I think it is all home design now, so I probably should have not. Others that are good, imo, are the History Channel, and PBS. I don't think we get the Science channel here either.

Physics news on Phys.org
pattylou said:
But I grew up with PBS and haven't spent much time checking out the others.

Hubby and I play a "name that narrator" game on PBS. Michael Dorn is a fun one to identify, as is Richard Attenborough. Shatner and Nimoy are too obvious, get a bit of a groan when we hear them doing yet another narration.

:smile: :smile: :smile: I never thought about it; funny!

PBS just about lost me. For a while, up here in Oregon that is, about all that we could get on PBS besides the News Hour was Sewing with Nancy. :cry: :cry: :cry: Even re-runs of Lost in Space beat that one. :biggrin: But they have come to their senses, or got more money, or something...

I always enjoyed Connections.

Science channel? I don't have that. I used to be a fan of the previous TechTV way back when it wasn't taken over by video games.

History Channel is on top of my list now since I'm a 20th century war buff, though I rarely watch TV anymore.

<shameless plug> And PBS will be running a special on Einstein on Oct. 11 </shameless plug>

I don't watch TV, but when I did have a few channels I liked History, Discovery and Space.

For me, it is [was, since I don't have a TV anymore] close between the History Channel and the Science Channel, but the History channel usually has a larger variety of shows and less repeats, unlike the science channel which seems like every time I turn it on, I have already seen it.
However, on a show for show basis, rather than over all, I would pick the Science Channel.

Does junkyard wars ever do any new seasons anymore?
And what about mythbusters?
And is it just me or has the History Channel done about 40 "Engineering disasters"?

History Channel. It actually has a wide range of stuff, not just history. There's a lot of tech programs, and a nice smattering of paranormal/ufo/cryptozoological stuff.