Figure 3a shows a 50 Hz, high-voltage transmission line

In summary, the complex ABCD equations can be used to calculate the relationships between sending and receiving end voltages and currents in a high-voltage transmission line. Using the parameter values in TABLE C and an open-circuit received voltage of 88.9 kV, the values of Vs, Is, and P can be calculated. For part b), the line can be modeled by the T-circuit in FIGURE 3(b) and the primary line coefficients R, L, G, and C can be estimated using the equations A= 0.8698+J0.03542, B= 47.94+J180.8, C= 0+J0.001349, and D= 0.
Spongecake

Homework Statement

Figure shows a 50 Hz, high-voltage, transmission line. The relationships between the sending and receiving end voltages and currents are given by the complex ABCD equations:

mimetex-cgi-20v_s-v_r-a_1-ja_2-i_r-b_1-jb_2-gif.gif

mimetex-cgi-20i_s-v_r-c_1-jc_2-i_r-d_1-jd_2-gif.gif

where 'S' stands for sending-end and 'R' stands for receiving-end

(a) Given the parameter values in TABLE C and an open-circuit received voltage measured as 88.9 kV, calculate the values of
mimetex-cgi-20v_s-gif.gif
and
mimetex-cgi-20i_s-gif.gif
and hence the power
mimetex-cgi-20p_-so-gif.gif
absorbed from the supply by the transmission line on open circuit. Vs= 77.33kv + J3147.06v Is= 0 + j119.93 A P= 377.43kW

(b) If the line is modeled by the T-circuit of FIGURE 3(b), see if you can estimate the primary line coefficients R, L, G and C. The line is 50 km long.

Homework Equations

formulae-png.png

The Attempt at a Solution

Regarding part b) this is what I have at the moment but not sure I am doing it correctly.
A= 0.8698+J0.03542 B= 47.94+J180.8 C= 0+J0.001349 D= 0.8698+J0.03542
This means that A and D a symmetrical A=D.
I don't really know where to go from here as I have looked at other posts on this question and they don't seem to make much sense due to lots of people asking several different questions.

Attachments

• transmission line.jpg
    transmission line.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 434
  • mimetex-cgi-20v_s-v_r-a_1-ja_2-i_r-b_1-jb_2-gif.gif
    mimetex-cgi-20v_s-v_r-a_1-ja_2-i_r-b_1-jb_2-gif.gif
    1 KB · Views: 753
  • mimetex-cgi-20i_s-v_r-c_1-jc_2-i_r-d_1-jd_2-gif.gif
    mimetex-cgi-20i_s-v_r-c_1-jc_2-i_r-d_1-jd_2-gif.gif
    1 KB · Views: 508
  • mimetex-cgi-20v_s-gif.gif
    mimetex-cgi-20v_s-gif.gif
    206 bytes · Views: 532
  • mimetex-cgi-20i_s-gif.gif
    mimetex-cgi-20i_s-gif.gif
    179 bytes · Views: 518
  • mimetex-cgi-20p_-so-gif.gif
    mimetex-cgi-20p_-so-gif.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 542
  • formulae-png.png
    formulae-png.png
    5 KB · Views: 525
Physics news on Phys.org
Also Z1= Z3 =1/2 (R+jωL)δx and Y2= (G+jωC)δx Where δx= line length.
But I don't know how to get from the matrix to Z1, Z3 and Y2

What does Figure 3a show?

Figure 3a shows a visual representation of a 50 Hz, high-voltage transmission line.

What is a 50 Hz, high-voltage transmission line?

A 50 Hz, high-voltage transmission line is a type of electrical power line that carries high-voltage alternating current (AC) at a frequency of 50 Hertz (Hz). This type of transmission line is commonly used for long-distance power transmission.

Why is the frequency of 50 Hz important in a high-voltage transmission line?

The frequency of 50 Hz is important in a high-voltage transmission line because it is the standard frequency used in most countries for electrical power systems. Using a standard frequency allows for efficient and reliable power transmission across different regions.

What is the purpose of a high-voltage transmission line?

The purpose of a high-voltage transmission line is to transport large amounts of electrical energy from power plants to substations or from one substation to another. This allows for the distribution of electricity to homes, businesses, and other buildings.

Why is a high-voltage transmission line necessary?

A high-voltage transmission line is necessary because it allows for the efficient transport of electricity over long distances. Higher voltages reduce the amount of energy lost during transmission, making it a more cost-effective and reliable method for delivering electricity to consumers.