Find a Maths Skype Study Buddy for 2014

• MHB
  • Thread starter confusedatmath
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Skype Study
In summary, Tom is looking for someone to discuss maths concepts with him. He is open to anyone, has university education in maths, and is willing to help.
confusedatmath
Hey guys, I'm interested in having someone who likes maths to discuss maths questions/solutions/concepts with myself.

This is just to improve my understandings over the year.

Message skype name below, or PM me for mine

I'm interested in studying on precalculus/calculus/trig/graphs/functions/probability

IB HL maths students would be welcome, or anyone who is willing to give the above a good shot in 2014 :)

Physics news on Phys.org
I can try, I have university education in maths, should be able to cover everything you need, will be happy to assist and share insights to the best of my ability, and, more importantly, actually have more free time than I can use (though as usual, don't expect me to be available 24/7, this is not a legally binding contract, etc..)

My skype is "tomcrypto".

Thank You! I just need some guidance. A textbook can only do so much, and my teachers have been...hmm...unsatisfactory. :)

Well if all else fails, you can always post here. Forum posts do not necessarily just have to be "problems", you can ask more general questions about how or why a certain process works, or clarification on basic concepts.

Of course, it helps to be as specific as you can, so "problem format" seems to work well for "stumbling blocks", if a question is too vague, users might not answer, or not address the matter you actually want the answer to.

Mathematics has sort of a "dual nature", on the one hand it is a means to an end: perhaps to illuminate a physical situation, or model possible outcomes in a game, or economics, or...well, a whole lot of stuff. On the other hand, at its higher reaches, it becomes an "end in itself", studied because of the fascinating internal patterns it displays.

Different people have different affinities for each of these aspects...some are fine with the "definition/theorem/proof" mode, and then go to pieces over "word problems" while others can only get the "gist" of a theorem by seeing how it relates to something actual they can imagine. Despite some opinions to the contrary that some of our posters may hold, each path (applied or pure) is a valid view of things, and sometimes they complement each other rather nicely. You'll have to decide for yourself what floats your boat.

Good luck with your studies, and don't be shy! Everyone has to start somewhere.

I highly recommend finding a Maths Skype study buddy for 2014. Collaborating with someone who shares your interest in mathematics can greatly enhance your understanding and retention of concepts. It also allows for a more dynamic and interactive approach to studying, as you can bounce ideas off of each other and work through problems together. I suggest reaching out to IB HL maths students or anyone who is dedicated to improving their skills in precalculus, calculus, trigonometry, graphs, functions, and probability. Good luck with your studies!

Related to Find a Maths Skype Study Buddy for 2014

What is a Maths Skype study buddy?

A Maths Skype study buddy is someone who you can connect with over Skype to study Maths together. It allows you to collaborate and work on problems together, even if you are in different locations.

Why should I find a Maths Skype study buddy?

Having a Maths Skype study buddy can help you stay motivated and accountable in your studies. You can also learn from each other and discuss difficult concepts together.

How can I find a Maths Skype study buddy for 2014?

You can start by asking your classmates or friends if they are interested in being your study buddy. You can also join online study groups or forums to find potential study buddies. Additionally, there are websites and apps specifically designed for finding study partners, such as StudyPal and WeStudyTogether.

What should I look for in a Maths Skype study buddy?

It is important to find someone who is reliable, motivated, and has similar goals and study habits as you. You should also make sure that your study buddy has a good understanding of Maths and can effectively communicate and collaborate with you.

What are some tips for studying with a Maths Skype study buddy?

Set a schedule and stick to it, communicate effectively, and be open to learning from each other. You can also try using online whiteboards or screen sharing to work on problems together. It is also helpful to take turns teaching and explaining concepts to each other to solidify your understanding.