Find an Online Differentiator - Wolfram

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of online tools for finding anti-derivatives and differentiating functions. The participants mention Wolfram's anti-derivative finder and wonder why there is not a corresponding tool for differentiation. One participant shares a link to an online differentiator and questions why Wolfram did not provide this tool, suggesting that there may be a stigma against using tools for tasks that a competent physicist should be able to do mentally. Another participant mentions Wolfram's newest online tool, Wolfram Alpha, which offers differentiation, integration, and other functions.
snoopies622
Wolfram has a nice online anti-derivative finder here

http://integrals.wolfram.com/index.jsp

but I didn't find a corresponding one for differentiation.

Does anyone know of an online differentiator?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for that!
I wonder why Wolfram have neglected to provide this tool - which seems like an obvious complement to their online integrator?
Perhaps there's some stigma against using a tool to do something that a competant physicist should be able to do in their head?
I'm not a competant physicist, so I have no such concern.

www.wolframalpha.com

is wolfram's newest online doer of things. It does differentiation, integration and a lot more, too. It didn't exist when the OP posted this thread back in 2008.

Related to Find an Online Differentiator - Wolfram

1. What is an online differentiator?

An online differentiator is a tool that calculates the derivative of a mathematical function, providing a measure of the rate at which the function changes. This can be useful in various fields, such as physics, engineering, and economics, to understand how a system or process is changing over time.

2. How does Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator work?

Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator uses advanced algorithms and mathematical equations to accurately calculate the derivative of a given function. It also allows users to specify the variables and parameters in the function, making it a versatile tool for different applications.

3. Is Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator accurate?

Yes, Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator is known for its high accuracy in calculating derivatives. It uses advanced computing techniques and has been extensively tested to ensure reliable results. However, as with any mathematical tool, accuracy may vary depending on the complexity of the function and the input provided.

4. Can I use Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator for any type of function?

Yes, Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator can handle a wide range of functions, including polynomial, trigonometric, exponential, and logarithmic functions. It can also handle functions with multiple variables and parameters, making it a versatile tool for various applications.

5. Is Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator free to use?

Yes, Wolfram's Find an Online Differentiator is free to use for basic calculations. However, for more advanced features and functionalities, such as step-by-step solutions and graphing, a premium subscription is required. There is also a free trial available for those who want to test out the advanced features before purchasing.