Find angle in radians of tractor wheel going 22 mph in 12 s

In summary, the formula for converting speed in miles per hour to radians per second is: rad/s = (mph * 0.000278) / r, where mph is the speed in miles per hour and r is the radius of the wheel in feet. Radians and degrees are both units of measurement for angles, with one radian equaling 57.3 degrees or approximately 180/π degrees. The angular velocity of a wheel can be calculated using the formula: ω = v/r, where ω is the angular velocity in radians per second, v is the linear velocity in feet per second, and r is the radius of the wheel in feet. The formula for finding the angle in radians of a rotating object is
karush
Gold Member
MHB
View attachment 1469

the calculation is mine however, if ans is correct not sure what the conventional way would to set this up?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
karush said:
View attachment 1469

the calculation is mine however, if ans is correct not sure what the conventional way would to set this up?
I typically would include the actual formulas you are using. I also tend to use the angular equations rather than trying to use the linear ones. For example: \(\displaystyle v = r \omega\), so \(\displaystyle \omega = \frac{v}{r}\) (And at this step you would do your unit conversions.)

Then you simply have \(\displaystyle \theta = \omega t\).

-Dan

What is the formula for converting speed in miles per hour to radians per second?

The formula for converting speed in miles per hour to radians per second is: rad/s = (mph * 0.000278) / r, where mph is the speed in miles per hour and r is the radius of the wheel in feet.

What is the relationship between radians and degrees?

Radians and degrees are both units of measurement for angles. One radian is equal to 57.3 degrees, or approximately 180/π degrees.

How do you calculate the angular velocity of a wheel?

The angular velocity of a wheel can be calculated using the formula: ω = v/r, where ω is the angular velocity in radians per second, v is the linear velocity in feet per second, and r is the radius of the wheel in feet.

What is the formula for finding the angle in radians of a rotating object?

The formula for finding the angle in radians of a rotating object is: θ = ω * t, where θ is the angle in radians, ω is the angular velocity in radians per second, and t is the time in seconds.

How can the information about the tractor wheel be used in real-world applications?

The information about the tractor wheel, such as its speed and angular velocity, can be used in various real-world applications. For example, it can be used in designing and optimizing agricultural machinery, understanding the dynamics of tire rotation, and calculating fuel consumption and efficiency.