Find out the Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite

In summary, The conversation revolved around calculating the young modulus of a carbon fiber laminar composite. The person was looking for a method to calculate the value in order to design the inner structure. Resources were shared, including a website and a PDF document, for assistance in the calculation.
taiwai
Hello everyone, nice to be here.
I am going to calculate the young modulus of 3 layers of carbon fiber laminar composite
For example:
1st: 12K plain wave carbon fiber in 0 degree
2nd:3K till wave carbon fiber in 45deg
3rd:12K plain wave carbon fiber in 0 degree

How can I approach to calculate the young's modulus of carbon fiber?
I want the value because i am going to design the inner structure.

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is the Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite?

The Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite is a measure of its stiffness or resistance to deformation. It represents the ratio of stress (force per unit area) to strain (change in length per unit length) in the material when it is subjected to an external force.

2. How is the Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite determined?

The Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite can be determined through various testing methods, such as tensile testing or bending testing. These tests involve applying a known force to the material and measuring the resulting strain, which can then be used to calculate the Young's modulus.

3. What factors can affect the Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite?

The Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite can be influenced by several factors, including the type and arrangement of the carbon fibers, the matrix material used, the manufacturing process, and the temperature and humidity conditions during testing.

4. Why is the Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite important?

The Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite is an important property to consider in engineering applications, as it can determine the material's ability to withstand loads and stresses without deforming or breaking. It also plays a role in the overall strength and durability of the composite material.

5. How does the Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite compare to other materials?

The Young's modulus of a carbon fiber lamina composite is typically higher than other materials, such as metals and plastics, making it a desirable choice for high-strength and lightweight applications. However, it may vary depending on the specific composition and manufacturing process of the composite material.