Find the incorrect relation from the figure

In summary, the conversation discusses the incorrectness of a given answer in relation to a question about vectors. The individual tried making a B vector in the direction of a D vector with a minus sign, which resulted in the answer of C vector - D vector= -A vector. However, this answer was marked incorrect, and the individual is unsure why. They also mention the possibility of the other options being incorrect due to a typo in the question.
Dhaneshragu
Homework Statement
Find the incorrect relation from the figure given below. ( figure given down)
Relevant Equations
Vector sum.
I tried making B vector in direction of D vector with a minus sign and after doing so I got the answer C vector - D vector= -A vector. But it's given as incorrect. I don't know why. Please explain how other options are correct.
15547802048611743369482713455288.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Dhaneshragu said:
I tried making B vector in direction of D vector with a minus sign and after doing so I got the answer C vector - D vector= -A vector. But it's given as incorrect. I don't know why. Please explain how other options View attachment 241554are correct.
Looks to me like a typo in the question. It should be asking for the correct option, and as you found that is (i).

Based on the way you drew the arrows, I concur with you that only answer (i) is correct. Is this a computerized test/homework where you are selecting multiple choice? So you were supposed to select the incorrect ones...is that what you did? I have seen these computerized tests coded wit the wrong answer before.

1. What is the purpose of finding the incorrect relation from the figure?

The purpose of finding the incorrect relation from the figure is to identify any errors or inconsistencies in the data or relationships presented in the figure. This can help to improve the accuracy and reliability of the information being presented.

2. How can one determine which relation is incorrect from the figure?

One can determine which relation is incorrect from the figure by closely examining the data and relationships presented in the figure. This may involve checking for any inconsistencies or patterns that do not make sense or are not supported by the data.

3. What are some common types of incorrect relations found in figures?

Some common types of incorrect relations found in figures include incorrect labeling of axes or data points, incorrect data values, and incorrect trends or patterns represented by the data.

4. How can identifying incorrect relations from a figure benefit scientific research?

Identifying incorrect relations from a figure can benefit scientific research by ensuring the accuracy and validity of the data being presented. This can help to prevent incorrect conclusions or findings and improve the overall quality of the research.

5. Are there any tools or techniques that can be used to help identify incorrect relations from a figure?

Yes, there are various tools and techniques that can be used to help identify incorrect relations from a figure. These may include statistical analysis, data visualization software, and peer review by other scientists. Additionally, careful examination and critical thinking skills are essential for detecting incorrect relations from a figure.