Find the relation between 2 variables

Debdut
Homework Statement
Find the relation between Vin and Vout
Relevant Equations
V1 = (-gm1 * Vin + s* C1 * Vout) / (gmc + s * C1)
gmc * V1 + s * C2 * Vout = Vx * (s * rb * C2 + 1) / rb
s * C1 * (V1 - Vout) + s * C2 * (Vx - Vout) = gm2 * Vx + Vout / ro2
Here is the equation I obtain after simplification, I don't know if it is correct:
gmc * V1 + s * C2 * Vout = [{s * (C1 + C2) * ro2 + 1} * Vout - s * C1 * ro2 * V1] * (s * rb * C2 + 1) / {ro2 * rb * (s * C2 - gm2)}

I need to eliminate V1 to find the relation between Vin and Vout.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you post the complete problem statement ?
And please understand that telepathy isn't everyone's forte, so tell us what this is about.

##\ ##

Likes e_jane
BvU said:
Can you post the complete problem statement ?
And please understand that telepathy isn't everyone's forte, so tell us what this is about.

##\ ##
I don't know if they rewrote, but he explained in the line at the bottom. Though , OP , please use Latex to write your question.

Debdut said:
V1 = (-gm1 * Vin + s* C1 * Vout) / (gmc + s * C1)
gmc * V1 + s * C2 * Vout = Vx * (s * rb * C2 + 1) / rb
s * C1 * (V1 - Vout) + s * C2 * (Vx - Vout) = gm2 * Vx + Vout / ro2
For clarity's sake, is the following an accurate statement of the three equations?

##\qquad \textrm{Eqn 1: } V_1 = \dfrac{-g_{m_1} V_{in} + sC_1V_{out}}{g_{m_c} + sC_1}##

##\qquad \textrm{Eqn 2: } g_{m_c} V_1 + s C_2 V_{out} = V_x \dfrac{s r_b C_2 + 1}{r_b}##

##\qquad \textrm{Eqn 3: } s C_1 \left(V_1 - V_{out}\right) + s C_2 \left(V_x - V_{out}\right) = g_{m_2} V_x + \dfrac{V_{out}}{r_{o_2}}##

Thank you!

Likes Debdut, WWGD and berkeman
e_jane said:
For clarity's sake, is the following an accurate statement of the three equations?

##\qquad \textrm{Eqn 1: } V_1 = \dfrac{-g_{m_1} V_{in} + sC_1V_{out}}{g_{m_c} + sC_1}##

##\qquad \textrm{Eqn 2: } g_{m_c} V_1 + s C_2 V_{out} = V_x \dfrac{s r_b C_2 + 1}{r_b}##

##\qquad \textrm{Eqn 3: } s C_1 \left(V_1 - V_{out}\right) + s C_2 \left(V_x - V_{out}\right) = g_{m_2} V_x + \dfrac{V_{out}}{r_{o_2}}##

Thank you!
Yes, these are the equations. Thank you very much.

ckt.png

I am sorry for not elaborating. The equations are obtained by KCL of the above image.
Here ##V_1##, ##V_x##, ##V_{in}## and ##V_{out}## are variables and all else are constants. I need to find the relation between ##V_{in}## and ##V_{out}##.

Likes BvU
Hi, I found the solution using the method of determinants. It was not difficult. Thanks.

Likes WWGD
Debdut said:
Hi, I found the solution using the method of determinants. It was not difficult. Thanks.
If not overly long, why not write it here so others can benefit from it?

Likes SammyS

1. How do you determine the relationship between two variables?

To determine the relationship between two variables, you can use statistical methods such as correlation analysis, regression analysis, or scatter plots. These methods help you understand how changes in one variable affect the other.

2. What is the difference between correlation and causation?

Correlation refers to a relationship between two variables where they tend to move in the same direction. Causation, on the other hand, implies that one variable directly influences the other. It's important to note that correlation does not imply causation.

3. How do you interpret the results of a correlation analysis?

The results of a correlation analysis are typically expressed as a correlation coefficient, which ranges from -1 to 1. A positive correlation coefficient indicates a positive relationship between the variables, while a negative coefficient suggests a negative relationship. The closer the coefficient is to 1 or -1, the stronger the relationship.

4. What is the purpose of regression analysis in finding the relationship between two variables?

Regression analysis is used to quantify the relationship between two or more variables. It helps in predicting the value of one variable based on the values of other variables. Regression analysis also allows you to assess the strength and significance of the relationship between the variables.

5. How can you visualize the relationship between two variables?

One way to visualize the relationship between two variables is by creating a scatter plot. In a scatter plot, each data point represents a pair of values for the two variables, allowing you to see patterns or trends in the data. You can also use other graphical methods such as line graphs or bar charts to visualize the relationship between variables.