Finding Limit: Get Step-by-Step Help Here

• MHB
  • Thread starter goody1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limit
In summary, the person is struggling to find a limit and has tried using a certain method, but it did not work. They are asking for help and someone suggests using l'Hopital's rule.
goody1
Hello everyone, I need to find this limit
limitt.png
. What I tried is that
limit.png
but clearly, 1/x diverges so I don't think it was very helpful.
Could someone help me what I need to do please?

Physics news on Phys.org
goody said:
Hello everyone, I need to find this limit View attachment 10284. What I tried is that
View attachment 10285,
but clearly, 1/x diverges so I don't think it was very helpful.
Could someone help me what I need to do please?
Having got as far as \(\displaystyle \large e^{\lim_{x\to0}\frac1x\log\left(\frac{1^{x+1} + 2^{x+1} + 4^{x+1}}7\right)}\), you could write the limit as \(\displaystyle \lim_{x\to0}\frac{\log\left(\frac{1^{x+1} + 2^{x+1} + 4^{x+1}}7\right)}x\) and use l'Hopital. (When you have found that limit, don't forget to take the exponential in order to get the answer.)

Related to Finding Limit: Get Step-by-Step Help Here

1. What is the purpose of finding a limit?

The purpose of finding a limit is to determine the behavior of a function as the input approaches a certain value. It helps us understand the overall behavior of a function and can be used to solve various mathematical problems.

2. How do I find a limit?

To find a limit, you can use various methods such as direct substitution, factoring, and rationalizing the denominator. You can also use the limit laws, L'Hospital's rule, or graphing to find a limit.

3. What is L'Hospital's rule?

L'Hospital's rule is a mathematical rule that allows you to evaluate limits involving indeterminate forms, such as 0/0 or ∞/∞. It states that if the limit of a quotient of two functions is an indeterminate form, then the limit of the quotient is equal to the limit of the derivatives of the two functions.

4. Can I use a calculator to find a limit?

Yes, you can use a calculator to find a limit, but it is important to note that not all calculators have this function. Additionally, calculators may not always give an accurate answer, so it is important to understand the concepts and methods for finding limits by hand.

5. Why is finding a limit important in calculus?

Finding a limit is important in calculus because it is the basis for many other concepts, such as continuity, derivatives, and integrals. It also allows us to analyze the behavior of a function and make predictions about its values at certain points. Additionally, many real-world problems can be solved using limits and calculus.