Fix Non-Coplanar Line in AutoCAD

• Thread starter feruizv
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Autocad
In summary, "non-coplanar line" in AutoCAD refers to lines or objects that are not on the same plane. Fixing non-coplanar lines is important for ensuring accuracy and precision in your drawing. To identify non-coplanar lines, use the "3DORBIT" command, and to fix them, you can use the "FLATTEN" or "ALIGN" commands. To prevent non-coplanar lines, consider using the "POLYSOLID" command and the "OSNAP" feature.
feruizv
I'm trying to either fillet or extend/trim a line and it keeps telling me that the items are non coplanar. What do I need to do for this not to happen?

Engineering news on Phys.org
It's likely that the drawing entities you are trying to connect are either on different layers or are in different z axis planes. Use your layer editor to check or type "list" on the command line, choose the entities in question, and hit "enter". Check the attributes of each entity.

1. What does "non-coplanar line" mean in AutoCAD?

"Non-coplanar line" in AutoCAD refers to lines or objects that are not on the same plane. This means they are not lying on a flat surface and instead have different elevations or angles.

2. Why do I need to fix non-coplanar lines in AutoCAD?

Fixing non-coplanar lines is important because it ensures the accuracy and precision of your drawing. Non-coplanar lines can cause errors in measurements and can make your drawing look distorted or incorrect.

3. How can I identify non-coplanar lines in AutoCAD?

To identify non-coplanar lines, you can use the "3DORBIT" command in AutoCAD to view your drawing from different angles. Non-coplanar lines will appear as disjointed or disconnected when viewed from certain angles.

4. How do I fix non-coplanar lines in AutoCAD?

There are several ways to fix non-coplanar lines in AutoCAD. One method is to use the "FLATTEN" command, which will project all objects onto the current viewing plane. Another method is to use the "ALIGN" command, which allows you to align selected objects to a specific plane or surface.

5. Can I prevent non-coplanar lines from occurring in my AutoCAD drawings?

Yes, there are ways to prevent non-coplanar lines from occurring in your AutoCAD drawings. These include using the "POLYSOLID" command to create 3D objects instead of drawing them as 2D objects, and using the "OSNAP" feature to ensure precise object placement.