FM Ratio Detector is not working

In summary, both circuits have problems with the connection between the audio output and the 1nF capacitors. One has the problem where the caps are connected before the resistor, while the other has the problem where the caps are connected to ground.
michael1978
hi ,
please
can somebody help me about this circuit, is not working i don't get audio signal
here is my circuit rename in asc frm txt
thanks
1.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,365
  • 1.TXT
    3.9 KB · Views: 451
Engineering news on Phys.org
michael1978 said:
this circuit, is not working i don't get audio signal
Comparing your ratio detector circuit with the standard design, reveals the problem.

images.png

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,310
NascentOxygen said:
Comparing your ratio detector circuit with the standard design, reveals the problem.

View attachment 233930
hello NascenOxygen, in my book it looks like this, so what do you think where is the problem?

michael1978 said:
hello NascenOxygen, in my book it looks like this, so what do you think where is the problem?
There is no path linking your AUDIO OUT line to the audio side of the detector.

NascentOxygen said:
from this circuit i did it in ltspice i thought he going to work but not

is not audioouput the output from detector? of where is? in my book the output is taken from the audiooutput, after send to ic lm386 TO MAKE IT STRONGER THE audio signal...

1.png
1.png
NascentOxygen said:
look this circuits from book, what do you think what for mistake i make
1.png

this is similiar

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 824
  • 1.png
    1.png
    30 KB · Views: 1,111
sorry the voltage of SFFM must be 1V

Your circuit looks good to me.
Is it the simulation that does not work or the circuit that you built?
The simulation you posted is a Transient analysis. But you need an AC analysis to get audio output.
If the circuit you built is not working, do the usual troubleshooting. Check all wiring and make sure the parts are the right values.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom.G said:
The simulation you posted is a Transient analysis. But you need an AC analysis to get audio output.
If the circuit you built is not working, do the usual troubleshooting. Check all wiring and make sure the parts are the right values.

Cheers,
Tom
Hello Tom, i think that, the value of L2 L3 are not correct, but i going to try to looks everything is ok wiring
Have a nice day….

Tom.G said:

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom, i check all wiring, eveything is okey, i change the values of transformer, they change, but is not working.

michael1978 said:
Hi Tom, i check all wiring, eveything is okey, i change the values of transformer, they change, but is not working.
The transformer primary and secondary are resonant circuits, and I think they are supposed to both be tuned to resonate at the same frequency. So as you sweep the input frequency, monitor the transformer primary and secondary signals and make sure their signal peaks do co-incide. Trim the capacitances until the peaks do coincide, and at the design frequency.

Are you saying the simulation works okay, but your wired circuit does not? Or does neither work as expected?

Thanks everyone i fixed……...:wink:

michael1978 said:
Thanks everyone i fixed……...:wink:
How? What did you change to make it work?

Tom.G said:
How? What did you change to make it work?
HI, somebody told me, to change the value of IF transformer he show me the value… now is working
here
1.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 814
Likes Tom.G
Hello
I have similar problem but with circuit I build not with simulation
which by the way show nothing,
I use BLUE i.f. transformer which should be FM detector and now from the answers above
which solution is proper.

1.This one where two 1nF caps connection goes to audio output before 7.5k resistor
2.This one where two 1nF caps connection goes to GND
thanks !

What is an FM Ratio Detector?

An FM Ratio Detector is a type of circuit used to demodulate frequency-modulated (FM) signals. It converts the frequency variations of the input signal into amplitude variations in the output signal.

How does an FM Ratio Detector work?

An FM Ratio Detector works by comparing two signals: the input signal and a reference signal. The input signal is frequency-modulated, while the reference signal is a fixed frequency. The ratio between these two signals is then used to create an output signal with amplitude variations that correspond to the frequency variations of the input signal.

Why is my FM Ratio Detector not working?

There could be several reasons why your FM Ratio Detector is not working. It could be due to a faulty component, incorrect circuit connections, or an issue with the input or reference signals. It is important to check all components and connections to troubleshoot the problem.

How can I troubleshoot my FM Ratio Detector?

To troubleshoot your FM Ratio Detector, you can start by checking all the components and connections in the circuit. Make sure all connections are secure and there are no loose or damaged components. You can also test the input and reference signals to ensure they are functioning properly. If the issue persists, you may need to consult a professional or refer to the circuit's schematic for further troubleshooting steps.

Can I fix my FM Ratio Detector if it is not working?

If you have experience with circuitry and electronics, you may be able to fix your FM Ratio Detector by identifying and replacing any faulty components or correcting any incorrect connections. However, it is always recommended to seek professional help if you are unsure or inexperienced in working with electronic circuits.