Force problem - how the force interacts with time

In summary: Don't we need time to reach mass m in an infinite plane? I do not understand.Or the simplest question is this; Is there any difference between the force applied in a short time and in a long time?Force doesn't "interact with" time (as if they were separate things), force includes time because you use time to measure motion (acceleration).So no, forces that are constant do not vary with time (redundant).
universal2013
e84aaabdfbbaf89b12c74e3ac6f17708b6ebcaad.png
Hello there, i have a confusion about the force concept itself because when i look dimensionaly i see that N = kg.m/s^2 but i do not understand how the force interacts with time. Is it just about where the object and what is the net force on it due to a reference frame at that moment ? Or knowing the time is just give us more information about force in terms of acceleration? On the image let's imagine there is a frame (x,y) = (0,0) at right bottom of the triangle and x goes left y goes upwards. Suppose we have a force acting my triangle from (x,y) = (0,y') \vec F= m.\vec a\hat x. We have two normal forces n1 and n2 which n1 is between the mass and triangle, n2 is between ground and triangle. When there is no friction i can be sure about the force should satisfy for m to not moving on the top of my triangle so they would have the same constant acceleration. If the length of the triangle goes to infinity mass goes infinity and the net force we need is about infinite too. However, since there is no friction any force applied on the object starts the motion. How am i supposed to know if the mass m would has the same acceleration ? Don't we need time to reach mass m in an infinite plane? Or the simplest question is this; Is there any difference between the force applied in a short time and in a long time?

Attachments

• e84aaabdfbbaf89b12c74e3ac6f17708b6ebcaad.png
    e84aaabdfbbaf89b12c74e3ac6f17708b6ebcaad.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 807
Physics news on Phys.org
Force doesn't "interact with" time (as if they were separate things), force includes time because you use time to measure motion (acceleration).

So no, forces that are constant do not vary with time (redundant).

universal2013 said:
Hello there, i have a confusion about the force concept itself because when i look dimensionaly i see that N = kg.m/s^2 but i do not understand how the force interacts with time. Is it just about where the object and what is the net force on it due to a reference frame at that moment ? Or knowing the time is just give us more information about force in terms of acceleration?

Not quite sure I understand your question.

The equations of motion (for example the simpler SUVAT equations) relate displacement (s), initial and final velocity (u, v), acceleration (a) and time (t).

The acceleration (a) in the equations of motion is the same as in Newtons law F=ma where F is the net force acting on the object. You can rearrange F=ma to a=F/m and substitute it into the equation of motion to give you an equation that relates force and time.

universal2013 said:
On the image let's imagine there is a frame (x,y) = (0,0) at right bottom of the triangle and x goes left y goes upwards. Suppose we have a force acting my triangle from (x,y) = (0,y') \vec F= m.\vec a\hat x. We have two normal forces n1 and n2 which n1 is between the mass and triangle, n2 is between ground and triangle.

OK.

universal2013 said:
When there is no friction i can be sure about the force should satisfy for m to not moving on the top of my triangle so they would have the same constant acceleration.

I do not understand. Are you trying to calculate how fast the triangle has to accelerate to keep the mass m stationary with respect to the triangle?

universal2013 said:
If the length of the triangle goes to infinity mass goes infinity and the net force we need is about infinite too.

F=ma. If the triangle has infinite mass it will take an infinite force to accelerate the triangle.

However, since there is no friction any force applied on the object starts the motion.

No. F=ma and you said the mass of the triangle is infinite.

How am i supposed to know if the mass m would has the same acceleration ?

You need to analyse the forces acting on the mass m. Then use a = F/m.

1. What is force?

Force is a physical quantity that describes the interaction between two objects or between an object and its environment. It is described by its magnitude and direction, and is measured in units of Newtons (N).

2. How does force interact with time?

Force can cause changes in an object's motion over time. The longer a force acts on an object, the greater the change in its motion will be. This is described by Newton's second law of motion, which states that force is equal to mass multiplied by acceleration (F=ma). Therefore, the greater the force, the greater the acceleration and the faster the object's motion will change over time.

3. What is the relationship between force and time?

The relationship between force and time is directly proportional. This means that as the force acting on an object increases, the time it takes for the object to change its motion also decreases. Similarly, if the force acting on an object decreases, the time it takes for the object to change its motion will increase.

4. Can forces act in opposite directions in the same time?

Yes, forces can act in opposite directions at the same time. When forces act in opposite directions, they are called balanced forces and they cancel each other out. This means that the net force on the object is zero and the object will remain at rest or continue moving at a constant velocity.

5. How does the force of gravity interact with time?

The force of gravity is a constant force that is always acting on objects. It interacts with time by causing objects to accelerate towards the center of the Earth at a rate of 9.8 m/s². This means that the longer an object is under the influence of gravity, the faster its motion will change due to the force of gravity.