Forgot your PF password? Need help changing it?

• Thread starter jim mcnamara
  • Start date
In summary, "Guess I missed something" is a commonly used phrase in informal conversations and written communication to express that the speaker has realized they were mistaken or have overlooked something important. It is not appropriate for formal settings and can also be used sarcastically to express frustration or surprise.
jim mcnamara
Mentor
I finally retired a couple of months back - and I've noticed that I no longer know my password for PF.
I had the information encrypted on my work computer. Heh. It is toast now.

There used to be a way to get an email with a temp password. I do not seem to be able to do that.
Help. I'd like to change it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you - problem solved

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. What does "Guess I missed something" mean?

"Guess I missed something" is a phrase used to express that the speaker has realized they were mistaken or have overlooked something important.

2. Is "Guess I missed something" a commonly used phrase?

Yes, it is a commonly used phrase in informal conversations and can also be seen in written communication.

3. Can "Guess I missed something" be used in a formal setting?

No, it is considered an informal phrase and is not appropriate for formal settings such as academic or professional environments.

4. Can "Guess I missed something" be used in a sarcastic way?

Yes, the phrase can be used in a sarcastic manner to express frustration or annoyance at having missed something.

5. How can "Guess I missed something" be interpreted in a conversation?

The phrase can be interpreted as the speaker admitting they were wrong or did not fully understand the situation, and are now acknowledging their mistake. It can also be used to express surprise or disbelief at something they missed.