From General Relativity to Dark Energy

In summary, the conversation is about inserting values into equations and getting a specific result. The person asking for help needs to see the calculations step by step and is reminded to follow the homework guidelines. The person responding expresses their frustration with the lack of effort and legibility in the original post and reminds the person to follow the guidelines.
Adwit
Homework Statement
How do we get the values of Ricci Tensor & Ricci scalars?
Relevant Equations
Equations of Ricci tensor Ricci Scalar, Christoffel symbol
If we insert the values from (2.9), (2.10), (2.11) into (2.5) & (2.6) how can we get (2.13) & (2.14) ?? I need to see the calculations step by step.
1.png

2.png

3.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Please show your own efforts in accordance with the homework guidelines.

Orodruin said:
Please show your own efforts in accordance with the homework guidelines.
Here is my own effort. Now, will you please tell me where I went wrong? What do I have to do?

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 103
Please read points 5 and 6: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/homework-help-guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.635513/

If you cannot be bothered to type things out in a legible format and explain what you are attempting to do in each step, then I certainly don’t feel any will to strain my eyes unnecessarily and spend triple the effort to try to help you comparef to what would be necessary if you followed the guidelines.

Let me also remind you of your own words:
Adwit said:
Ok, this is the last time I posted image of calculation. For now, I will write the calculation.

• Love
Likes berkeman, vanhees71 and Delta2

1. What is general relativity?

General relativity is a theory of gravity developed by Albert Einstein that explains how massive objects interact with each other and how they affect the fabric of space and time.

2. How does general relativity relate to dark energy?

General relativity predicts that the expansion of the universe should be slowing down due to the gravitational pull of matter. However, observations have shown that the expansion is actually accelerating, leading scientists to theorize the existence of dark energy, which counteracts gravity and causes the expansion to accelerate.

3. What evidence supports the existence of dark energy?

Several lines of evidence, including observations of distant supernovae, the cosmic microwave background, and the large-scale structure of the universe, all support the existence of dark energy and its role in the accelerated expansion of the universe.

4. How does dark energy affect the universe?

Dark energy makes up about 70% of the total energy in the universe and is responsible for the accelerated expansion of the universe. It also plays a role in the formation and evolution of galaxies and large-scale structures in the universe.

5. Can general relativity and dark energy be reconciled?

Currently, there is no widely accepted theory that can fully reconcile general relativity and dark energy. Scientists are still working to understand the nature of dark energy and how it fits into our current understanding of gravity.