Gabrielle Gifford's first interview.

• News
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interview
In summary, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords' remarkable recovery from her traumatic brain injury has been attributed to her own fighting spirit and the support of her husband. She recently gave her first interview with ABC news and is releasing a new book. Her story is seen as a touching example of the American Dream and the importance of never giving up, even in the face of difficult circumstances. While modern medical science and the efforts of doctors and surgeons also played a role, her own determination and willingness to improve have been crucial in her rehabilitation.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I gather most Americans have noted the extreme degree of recovery Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has managed by her own fighting spirit and the persistent help from her devoted husband. Now, she has given her first interview with ABC news, is ready with a new book.
Truly, this tale of remarkable recovery is also, I think, a very touching example of "The American Dream", a dream one must not give up, even in the most horrifying, unjust situations one can experience. She is my favorite American today! :approve:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/gabby_giff...fords-recovery/story?id=14944407#.TsGsZ_I2dnA

Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
by her own fighting spirit and the persistent help from her devoted husband

I would tend to credit modern medical science, and the doctors and surgeons who worked on her, but that's just me.

I'm happy for her and her family that she's made so much progress. All things considered, she seems to have been very lucky.

It's stories like this that really make me wonder what life is all about.

NeoDevin said:
I would tend to credit modern medical science, and the doctors and surgeons who worked on her, but that's just me.
Where did I said that her recovery "solely" by her own and her husband's efforts??
Furthermore, all research underlines the critical importance of the victim's own willingness to improve when it comes to rehabilitation.
For example, unless patients with aphasia (as Giffords) actively and spontaneously speak and fails, speaks and fails ad nauseam then she simply won't get to the point speak&succeed.
No doctor, and certainly no surgeon can step into her place to refamiliarize herself as a speaker.

Thanks for this thread arildno. I agree with you sentiments on Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

Related to Gabrielle Gifford's first interview.

1. What was the purpose of Gabrielle Giffords' first interview?

The purpose of Gabrielle Giffords' first interview was to share her story and experiences after surviving a mass shooting in 2011.

2. Who conducted Gabrielle Giffords' first interview?

The interview was conducted by Diane Sawyer of ABC News.

3. When did Gabrielle Giffords' first interview take place?

The interview aired on November 14, 2011, nearly ten months after the shooting.

4. What were some of the main topics discussed in the interview?

In the interview, Gabrielle Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly discussed her recovery process, their marriage, and their advocacy for stricter gun control laws.

5. How did the public react to Gabrielle Giffords' first interview?

The public response was overwhelmingly positive, with many praising Giffords' strength and resilience in the face of tragedy.