Germany painting airlines to look like beach towels

In summary, a German airline, Condor, has unveiled planes painted to look like beach towels as part of their evolution into a unique vacation airline. This design may have been inspired by the idea of reserving sun loungers at resorts. The majority of the airline's shares are owned by a British investor company. Some people find the design humorous, while others do not like it.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I just saw this coming in for a landing at Toronto International.

1689989133125.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/...unveils-planes-painted-like-beach-towels.html

Likes DennisN, hmmm27 and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:

Germany painting airlines to look like beach towels​

Looks to me more like something from a Dr. Seuss book

Likes Hornbein and russ_watters
phinds said:
Indeed. Which is why I took note of it and determined to find out what it was all about.

Likes phinds
A German sense of humour, that suggests you must book early to get a seat, to a place where you must be early, to place your beach towel near the pool.

Nok Air is creative.
Google images 'planes painted like birds'

Baluncore said:
A German sense of humour, that suggests you must book early to get a seat, to a place where you must be early, to place your beach towel near the pool.
The majority of the shares (51%) are held by a British investor company (Attestor). Just saying.

phinds said:
I do not like stripes on a plane.
I do not like them on a train.
I do not like them on a towel.
I do not like them on an owl.

Likes BillTre, phinds and gmax137
e-Seat-Business-Class-Premium-Economy-Zach-Griff-3.jpg

I do not like them said DrGreg
Even if you tried to kneel and beg.

1. What is the significance of Germany painting airlines to look like beach towels?

The painting of airlines to look like beach towels in Germany is a form of art that has gained popularity in recent years. It is a creative way of promoting tourism and showcasing the country's vibrant culture and beautiful beaches.

2. How did the idea of painting airlines to look like beach towels originate?

The idea originated from a collaboration between the German tourism board and several airlines to create a unique and eye-catching way of promoting the country's tourism industry. It was inspired by the colorful and iconic beach towels that are often associated with Germany's beaches.

3. Which airlines have been painted to look like beach towels in Germany?

Several airlines have participated in this art project, including Lufthansa, Eurowings, and Condor. Each airline has a unique design that represents different regions and attractions in Germany.

4. How long does it take to paint an entire airplane to look like a beach towel?

The painting process can take anywhere from 7 to 10 days, depending on the size of the aircraft and the complexity of the design. It involves a team of skilled artists and technicians who work meticulously to ensure the design is accurately represented on the aircraft's surface.

5. Is painting airlines to look like beach towels a permanent change?

No, it is not a permanent change. The paint used for these designs is temporary and can be removed without damaging the aircraft's original paint. This allows the airlines to switch back to their original design after the promotion or campaign is over.