Get Jhep Latex Template From Author's ArXiv Page

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter decerto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses finding a specific LaTeX template from a particular website. The person initially encounters some issues with the font and pdf output, but later finds a solution by downloading the source from the author's arxiv page. They also mention the availability of other LaTeX templates on the LaTeX Project website.
decerto
Hi, would anyone know where I could get [this](http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/tong/dynamics/clas.pdf) latex template from?

I found this website http://jhep.sissa.it/jhep/help/JHEP_TeXclass.jsp but when I tried the example the font seems slightly different and the pdf it produced through texmaker was really whitewashed. Thanks

edit* Nvm got it, I went to his arxiv page and downloaded the source for one of his submissions for anyone else who wants it.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

1. How do I get the Jhep LaTeX template from an author's ArXiv page?

To get the Jhep LaTeX template from an author's ArXiv page, follow these steps:

1. Go to the ArXiv page of the author's paper that you want to use the Jhep template for.

2. Look for the "Download:" section on the right side of the page and click on "Other formats".

3. A pop-up window will appear. Select "Download source" and click on "Download".

4. Open the downloaded zip file and look for the "jheppub.sty" file. This is the Jhep LaTeX template that you can use for your own paper.

2. What is the benefit of using the Jhep LaTeX template?

The Jhep LaTeX template is specifically designed for scientific papers in the field of high energy physics. It follows the formatting guidelines of the Journal of High Energy Physics (Jhep) and provides a professional and uniform look for your paper. It also includes useful features such as automatic numbering of equations and references, making it easier for authors to focus on the content of their paper.

3. Can I modify the Jhep LaTeX template for my own paper?

Yes, you can modify the Jhep LaTeX template to suit your specific needs. However, it is recommended to only make minor modifications and to keep the overall layout and style consistent with the Jhep guidelines. This will ensure that your paper still maintains a professional look and adheres to the formatting requirements of the journal.

4. Are there any technical requirements for using the Jhep LaTeX template?

Yes, to use the Jhep LaTeX template, you will need to have a TeX distribution installed on your computer. This can be either TeX Live or MiKTeX. You will also need to have a LaTeX editor, such as TeXmaker or TexStudio, to create and edit your paper using the template.

5. Can I use the Jhep LaTeX template for other journals?

The Jhep LaTeX template is specifically designed for the Journal of High Energy Physics and may not be suitable for other journals. It is recommended to check the specific formatting guidelines of the journal you are submitting to and use their provided template, if available. However, you can use the Jhep template as a reference for formatting your paper according to general LaTeX guidelines.